O'Day gray hull

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I bought my O'Day 322 3 years ago, and have not done much to the hull except wash it off before launching. We put a canvas cover on the boat over the winter, and the ropes holding it down rubbed on the hull, leaving streaks. When I looked at it closely this spring, it looked like the ropes actually polished the hull and removed a lot of oxidation.

So, after reading some of the posts about how to polish and wax a hull, I tried mine.

I did not go to the extremes in MS's excellent article about achieving the perfect shine (I am not that anal about my hull), but I did buff it out with a cutting compound on a wool pad. I do not think we will get an intermediate polish on it, but will get her waxed this week so we can launch next weekend.

In the first photo, I was about halfway done on the starboard side...I assume you can tell which part was done! Next shot was with the side polished, but still needs to be waxed.
The checklist is almost complete.

Will be good to finally be in the water!

Greg

IMG_1138.JPGIMG_1143.JPG IMG_1152.JPG IMG_0143.PNG

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017
Canadian Sail Craft 33 0 Maple Bay Marina
Any one with experience in repairing grey hull separation from deck. I have about 2 feet along the starboard beam where the deck is not connected to hull. Also looking for manuals for 89 Oday240