Oday Daysailer Spreader Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Berte'

I'm replacing the Aluminum tube spreaders on a 1982 Oday Daysiler II. I Do not have the entire original for specifics. I need the overall length and the distance from the mast bracket end of the spreader to the clevis pin hole(centerline). Can anyone help? Are their any suggested improvements or replace as original.

B

Bob Cramer

Lots of information at Boondocks.net

I sent you a reply (Call CCSB or D&R Marine) but have another idea: Go to the site "www.boondocks.net" where there is a huge source of information. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. BobCramer

C

Clive Joy

Spreader replacement

I have just removed the Aluminium spreaders as the had started to split close to the mast. The spreader was 1 1/8'" with the spreader support on the mast 1". I machined down the spreader supports to 7/8th" and replaced the aluminium spreaders with stainless steel 1". (Remember to insulte/isolate the contact between the two different metals. The riging is S/S and has worked out great. Kind regards Clive

C

Chris

Have you tried Cape Cod Shipbuilding?

I broke one of the spreaders on my Daysailer last summer. The originals were round in cross-section, but the replacement I obtained from Cape Cod Shipbuilding was an aerofoil cross-section. The replacement ones are much stronger and fitted without any modification into the existing fittings. Also the outside end of the spreader had a metal piece which looped around the shround. The original had a slot and sticky tape holding it to the shrouds. Try this link for a parts list and some info about the company: http://www.four.net/~ccsb/dsparts.html If you want to make your own I can measure the length and cross-section.

R

R. Gladstone

Daysailor spreader specs

I have a 1971 Day Sailor and the tube spreaders (longer ones) are 21 1/2 inches long. It is 20 1/4 from the bracket hole to the beginning of the slot. I hope that this helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.