Oday 39 traveler car

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a Merriman brand traveller car. That company is out of business over 25 years ago. I did a search online, but found nothing that will help replace it. Whats wrong with it. If the wheels are shot, maybe you can have them made out of some composite product.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Or you could call Garhauer. They are very helpful with retrofits.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
The lesson that I learned after paying too much money to rebuild my Nico-Fico traveler (I got rid of the fixed stops, and made it adjustable) is that I should have caled Garhauer in the first place.

Guido, the owner at Garhauer, could have provided me with a complete traveler (track, car, end blocks with cam cleats, and control line) for less than I paid for a traveler car with 2 control sheaves and beckets from RigRite ($555 in 2012). The other reason is that a flat traveler track is vastly superior to a curved track.

You can search the RigRite website to see if they have what you need. However, I suggest that you simply call Garhauer.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Guido owns Garhaurer now? Re: your traveler... you might find some merriman parts at Minney's Yacht Surplus in Costa Mesa, Ca … they have a website.... But geezus … All you need is a couple feet of T Track and a new car... the existing blocks can be re attached to the new car.... Garhaurer will hook you up, but think in terms of replacing the track and car... rather than the whole system.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
Guido owns Garhaurer now?
He and his partner always have.

From the About Us page "Garhauer Marine was founded in 1970 by two machinist friends who shared a common passion for sailing. Guido Gargiulo and Bill Felgenhauer set up shop in the foothills of the San Bernardino mountains in Southern California."

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
I replaced mine with a straight Garhauer track and car. Happy I did.

Dan33

Nov 25, 2019
Oday 39 Charlotte Harbor
The traveler,turning blocks,toerail,and some other hardware for the 39 was made by the French Co. Goiot.I don't know if they still make traveler parts.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
So with the Goiot info I found that Rig Rite has info on them.
Spars, Rigging, and Hardware for Sailboats
Rig-Rite, Inc.
Phone:
(001) 401-739-1140 -- FAX: (001) 401-739-1149
www.RigRite.com Ordering/Questions
And RigRite will charge you an arm, a leg and a kidney for them. (See post #4)

As an example; 4 new aluminum sheaves and 2 axles for an Isomat mast from RigRite - Total cost (including $15 shipping) was recently $245.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
i bought a brand new traveller off this site store. I did measure what I had, and it is too light duty for you, sorry