O'day 39 and 40 parts

Nov 3, 2010
Oday 39 Lake mills WI
It's barely above zero outside and my boat is 300 miles away likely buried deeply in snow. But I'm having a GREAT O'Day day!!!!!

I found an exact replacement for the O'day 39 and 40 toe-rail and rub-rail. I've been looking for years and honestly gave up a while back and figured I'd have to get a section machined from bar stock if I ever wanted my boat to be fully restored to original.
Well, I was a bit bored this morning so I though I would do a quick search for anyone in the same predicament and Crest Aluminum popped up. I had seen their website before. Back then, they had nothing for my boat but why not take a look. At the very bottom of the page were the words of my dreams. O'Day 40 toe rail , rub rail . Checking the drawing with the sketch I made several years ago confirmed an exact match.

This is a victory for all O'day sailors as each time someone (D&R marine ) or others adds another replacement part , a few more years are added to the life of our boats and the O'Day brand.

The 39/40 toerail is the achilles heel of the boat as it is very unusual and requires an additional rub rail that other boats don't have. Smacking this on a marginal boat could very easily total it. up til now, a replacement had to be machined from bar stock and then anodized costing well over $10,000 per my last quote. Damage to the toe rail and rub rail on Panta Rhei allowed me to get the boat for under $20,000. I repaired the items best I could with Aluminum filler but it would never be up to showroom standards. Until now!

I'm surprised that the date of the drawing was 2013. It must have been available for a while.

I've got a call in to get the price but until then I should add some more information for the record for future owners. Everyone, please feel free to add more information

Go to Rudy at D&R Marine for your first stop in looking for any part on your O'Day.
I understand Rudy was once O'day purchasing manager and maintains the largest source for O'day parts.

The O'day 39 has a 44 universal marine diesel. Parts are still available from Universal marine now owned by Westerbeke. The Hurth transmission is available from many sources. See my post last summer.
The rigging is available from Rig-Rite. They stock every standing rigging part. The 39 uses the NG 70 mast and the BF-4 upper shroud and the BF-5 lower shroud. (double check before you order)
The tanks are all custom but I found better (larger ones that fit)available from several sources on line.
The bow plates on these boats are custom and are often broken from docking accidents. I re-welded mine. A good tig welder can make the repairs very easily. (Rudy may have new ones)
The galley stove fits in a standard opening. I installed a 3 burner force unit with no modification.
The ice box(s) are custom but are poorly insulated so your best bet might be to add a refrigerator. (see my post a few years back)http://forums.oday.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?t=132435
Other than what is mentioned above . Everything else is easily sourced online .