O'day 35 Refit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Hey,

My boat was damaged during hurricane Sandy. She was on her mooring, prepared as best as I could. She didn't move but lots of other boats did. The next day I found some some other boat must have broken loose or dragged into me and my poor boat suffered from it. I can't complain as many people had it a lot worse, but I had broken lifelines, bent / broken stanchions, broken rub rail and and some hull damage. Fortunately I had insurance, and Allstate quickly sent a check. It took some time, but I finally had all the damage repaired.

Of course it quickly turned into a case of 'while you're in there' and I ended up with:
3 New stanchions and bases
New lifelines all around
New rub rail all around
New gate braces
New Standing Rigging
New Furlex 200S furler
New bottom paint
Polished topsides
New gelcoat on the stern
Freshly varnished companionway, handrails, etc.

Some before / after pics

I finally got to go sailing yesterday and it was great. The boat looks good and sailed great.

Take care,
Barry

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
Beautiful work! Nice to see another "classic" 35 ready to get underway! Are you going to the rOnDAYvous this year?

Oct 7, 2008
Oday Oday 35 Chesapeake Bay
Looks great Barry! Did you do the rub rail yourself or was it done by someone? We finished ours a couple of weeks ago. It went smoother than I thought it would. Was the red feature stripe original color?

dparilla, is there a rOnDAYvous on the Chesapeake?

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Update

Looks great Barry! Did you do the rub rail yourself or was it done by someone? We finished ours a couple of weeks ago. It went smoother than I thought it would. Was the red feature stripe original color?
Hi,

I paid to have the rubrail installed. I can't believe how many screws were used! Each one was bedded with sealant too. The guy who did it did a great job. You should see the transom, he matched the gelcoat color perfectly.

The boat really sails great with new, properly tuned rig, fresh bottom, and good sails.

Barry

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
The rOnDAYvous is on long island this year. We are sailing up to it. When we get back, we will be on the Chesapeake until the end of August. Maybe we should coordinate a Big Bay Oday rOnDAYvous. Let me know if people are interested.

Oct 7, 2008
Oday Oday 35 Chesapeake Bay
I'd be interested in a Big Bay Oday rOnDayvous. Maybe August or September?

Status
Not open for further replies.