O'Day 34 water tank replacement

LLP03

Jul 12, 2019
Oday 34 Englewood, FL
We recently purchased a 1984 O'Day 34 and are doing a refit. We want to remove the original water tanks. The opening under the settee is not large enough to lift the tanks out so we are not quite sure how to go about the process. We thought of cutting the opening larger under the settee but do not want to damage any structural integrity. Any thoughts or recommendations on this project?

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 28 East Tawas
When my O'day 28's water tank developed a leak I too discovered the settee was built around the tank. I had to cut it out with a roto-zip with the tool made for plastic. It took a while to cut it to pieces but it is doable. I replaced it with a "bladder" tank of similar capacity. A plus was that there is no need to vent it. The tank collapses as water is used so.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Ronco marine should be able to provide you with a replacement roto molded tank. I am considering removing one tank to make room for an ac unit. A jig saw or sawzall will be fast.

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
I started thinking about this earlier this spring and my thought was to cut a hole in the top of the existing tank to insert a bladder. The old tank then becomes a container for the new bladder. You could even cut the old hose short on the tank and plug it so if you should ever have a bladder failure, it will be contained inside the tank.