O'day 34 Rudder

Harlan

Jun 4, 2004
Oday 34 Niantic
Hi Rob. I'm the guy with an OD34 that you met when Hornet was being surveyed. I have access to a used standard OD34 rudder that I think is in good shape at N/C if you are interested in that. Not sure how to PM on this site. If you can PM me please do and I'll give you details. If you don't know how to PM then just reply and we'll figure it out.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Not really, it was a standard rudder I bought through D&R that in turn gets them from Foss. I had repaired my old one after it delaminated and eventually replaced it. I used to get a little flutter in the wheel as the shape of the rudder from my repair wasn't perfect. The flutter went away so I was happy.

Aug 14, 2014
TBD TBD RI
Not really, it was a standard rudder I bought through D&R that in turn gets them from Foss. I had repaired my old one after it delaminated and eventually replaced it. I used to get a little flutter in the wheel as the shape of the rudder from my repair wasn't perfect. The flutter went away so I was happy.
Got it, it was the factory design not the updated design. Thanks Harlen for the details, looking at upgrading to the new design now that I am presented with the opportunity.

Oct 7, 2008
Oday Oday 35 Chesapeake Bay
I replaced my rudder on my Oday 35 about 4 or 5 years ago. I bought it directly from Foss Foam. It works well. No problems. Cost about $2,000.00 as I recall. Money well spent for piece of mind.