O'Day 34- Rigid Boom Vangs, advice?

Aug 7, 2015
Oday 34 previous, O’Day 40 current Annapolis
Hello All:
I'd like to hear some thoughts from those who have added rigid boom vangs to their O'34/35's. My current thoughts are pointing me in the direction of a Garhauer unit but I wanted to see what others have to say; have there been notable improvements in performance; did they scrap their topping lift, was it worth the expense? This year as I have added both a new traveler & adjustable genoa cars from Garhauer I'd like to comment that both of these are incredibly sweet pieces of gear.

Lou / Annapolis

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
I have the Garhauer, have ditched my topping lift and love it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Me, too. Have had ours since before 1998 (was on when we bought the boat). That means it lasts a looong time. :)

Jun 19, 2004
Island Packet IP 32 99 Forked River, NJ
Haven't gotten the vang yet but Garhauer is a great company to deal with. We got our traveller from them-great service. I spec'd the riser wrong: Guido had a new one made & only cost me return shipping.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I have never, in 16 years following this forum, seen a negative complaint about Garhauer Marine. The rigid vang was one of the first upgrades I made to my boat.... bye bye topping lift.... yippee. Best investment, by far. Their rigid vang is perhaps the number one upgrade made by group members here. No second thoughts.... do it.