ODay 322 Wire routing reference pix

Mar 8, 2019
ODay 322 Bodkin Creek, Chesapeake Bay
Took me a while to find the main left-right bundle route so will put these here for future reference.
To add wires and a cable to the main left-right route I had to add an access at the place shown in the first photo. Be careful NOT to go past the bottom of the structural floor due to risk of cutting into wires and water hoses. The new wires had to run from right to left due to interference points.

Following is from Owners Manual for orientation:

Good idea to leave heavy string in the raceways to facilitate any future wiring additions.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Hey @Tin Kicker ! Very helpful write-up.

looks very similar to my O’Day 322 wiring layout, except I have a transducer in the bow under the V berth. I also have wiring from the lazzarette under the cockpit floor and up into the binnacle for instruments.

i added a battery monitor at the radio station and had to get the wires from the battery compartment to the panel…short run, but still a pain!
E97E2B74-EF28-47B8-B1BC-A96FB7605B73.jpeg E53E9510-2BC8-4C61-B9E4-8482DBA13B03.jpeg

This is a nice resource…I have hull#149.

is there a key for the color coding?

Greg

Attachments

Mar 8, 2019
ODay 322 Bodkin Creek, Chesapeake Bay
Hi Greg -

I've enjoyed your videos.

I really goofed up on not even using the same colors on the different drawings, so no, there's not a code to it. Maybe at some point in the future I'll revise these.

Bob

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
I need to do something like this for my O'day 35.

Note that on the 35 that the wiring for the bow navigation lights and cabin/head lighting runs in a channel along the port and starboard side of the headliner. Much of the wiring runs exposed (which I don't like) along the starboard side of the engine compartment.

Last edited: