Oday 322 genoa track blocks

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I suggest staying with Garhauer. Their new blocks will have ball bearings.

Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
Contacted Garhauer, they referred me to D&RMarine. Unfortunate looks like they don't carry them in their catalogue. I'll try calling tomorrow.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Did you talk to GarHauer? Maybe they'll make good on what you have. I'd start there, then Rudy...

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Contacted Garhauer, they referred me to D&RMarine. Unfortunate looks like they don't carry them in their catalogue. I'll try calling tomorrow.
Yep...call Rudy at D&R. He found me a new (or maybe reconditioned) 4-rope clutch to match the original on my 322. Hopefully they have other parts available for your tracks.

Greg

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Have you measured your track? It may be that Garhauer's current options won't fit your track properly even though they made the block on your current car. My 1980 Oday 25 had all Schaffer blocks and track. I forget if the track was slightly smaller than 1" or thinner than Garhauer's track. I tried a Garhauer low lead car on my genoa track of the 25. It worked for what I wanted, a fairlead for the furling line, but it was too loose to use as a genoa car.
That's probably why they referred you to D&R.

Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
New genoa cars have arrived! Ball bearings, larger diameter block and overall better construction. Heading over to the boat today to make sure they fit the track. They should work much better. I'll post pics.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
New genoa cars have arrived! Ball bearings, larger diameter block and overall better construction. Heading over to the boat today to make sure they fit the track. They should work much better. I'll post pics.
How much were those new blocks? Mine work “fine”, may be worth an upgrade.

Greg

Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
As sailboat parts go, they weren't too bad - I don't have the invoice in front of me but I think it was about $35-50 each.