ODay 28 Genoa Track

Nov 30, 2009
Oday 28 Lake Michigan
Gentleman,
My ODay 28 has held up amazingly well, but there are indications that my genoa track may now be leaking. Boat is now covered with snow and I forgot to count the number of fasteners (nots and bolts) that hold the track down. I believe the number is somewhere between many and/or many+).
Has anyone preformed this maintenance recently? Big job? Small job? Is it nessssary to remove the track and start from "ground zero". Is there, can you, loosen the nuts/bolts, and apply a sealant?

May 24, 2011
Oday 28 Windmill Harbor Hilton Head, SC
You know I think my 28 is leaking as well but I wasn't sure where from until I saw your post here. My bilge is pretty dry for the most part but when it rains a bunch it has some water in there, its fresh water so I kinda had a idea it was from the deck somewhere just not sure where from... The other day when the bilge was dry I rinsed off the deck and sure enough there was a small amount of water in there, Did you ever remove and re-seal the tracks?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
You know I think my 28 is leaking as well but I wasn't sure where from until I saw your post here. My bilge is pretty dry for the most part but when it rains a bunch it has some water in there, its fresh water so I kinda had a idea it was from the deck somewhere just not sure where from... The other day when the bilge was dry I rinsed off the deck and sure enough there was a small amount of water in there, Did you ever remove and re-seal the tracks?
Keep in mind that a certain amount of rainwater will likely come in through the mast step. There are also other areas where water could get such as the stanchion bases. The bolts for the Genoa tracks are generally in visible locations so you should be able to see if there are leaks there before you go opening them up.