O'day 27 Lower Shroud Chainplate

dashaw

Mar 23, 2019
O'Day 27 On The Hard
Hi all i was able to locate procure my mast and boom for my boat, what I am looking for now is a picture or drawing of one of the lower chainplates for my 1978 O'day 27, Jon at Mass Marine said he may have on if I had a picture. If anyone has one I would be interested in purchasing it also.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Dashaw,
I have been trying to find an example of a O27 chainplate in pictures of sales ads, online parts catalogues or online salvage yard inventories, but no luck.
The interior pictures to either side of the forward suite bulkhead all have a headliner covering the underside of the deck. While the are lots of 27s for sale, there's not much for parts online.
It seems like there has got to be several members here who own or have owned O27s and should be able to scrounge up a picture or two. Be patient, someone will be able to help. This is an awesome group.
In the mean time, I can help keep your post fresh.
The 27 looks like a nice boat. Good luck.

-Will (Dragonfly)

dashaw

Mar 23, 2019
O'Day 27 On The Hard
I checked with Rudy several months ago he directed me to RigRite, they said that they had a fire a few years back and lost a bunch of records, no luck there.

check

Jul 8, 2018
O'day 27 Bear Lake
Hi, I have a1978 O’day 27 as well. Do you mean the metal bars bolted vertically to the bulkhead in the cabin? These are the lower part of the chainstay apparatus. If this is the case, I will take a picture for you and grab some measurements when I am at the boat next.

dashaw

Mar 23, 2019
O'Day 27 On The Hard
What I am looking for is a picture of the ones fore and aft of the upper shroud chain plate. I think that is the one you are referring to.