O'day 25 Wiring Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Somewhere I found the factory O'day 25 wiring schematic in jpeg format. A PDF version is also found in the Oday downloads section of this site.
While grateful to whomever scanned it and made it available, both files are tilted to one side. Today I decided to straighten it up and while at it I cleaned up some blemishes and cropped it into several close up sections.

One thing I noticed is that the mid mast steaming light is noted as "bow light" and the bi-color bow lights are noted as "running lights forward". Seems strange. It is also missing the dome light which is over the electrical panel area which is probably just a variation.
Anyway,
Here are the files for those interested. PM me your e-mail address if you want the full size files.

Attachments

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
I would like a copy also. cbourne200@bellsouth.net.

I find it interesting that on your O'Day 25 and my 272, the battery is on starboard side, electrical panel is on port side, and cable run (from your diagram, I'm not sure if mine is same) is on starboard side.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 272 (mine is 1987 vintage)?

Charles
'87 O'Day 272
Pensacola, FL

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Hi Charles,
My only guess is they wanted the most light on the galley side, which on my boat is starboard.
Electrical panel is just off center to port under the companionway/bridge deck. Looks like it was put there as it was an open area and the back of the panel is protected by the vertical section of the bridge deck.
Here is a photo of the rear of the panel. Nice neat wiring job. I plan to clean this up at some point. Notice the long bolts with nuts? They are the main sheet traveler track.

You may need to add me to your safe list. I just got the e-mail I sent you returned as not safe.

I will PM you my e-mail.

Attachments

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
I haven't taken the time to pull the 'carpet' off the bulkhead to see what wiring looks like, but places where it is sagging a little looks like it is probably like yours. However, mine is on aft wall of port cabin. So are depth/speedo. Depth/speedo is closest to companionway, making panel on far port side of bulkhead. Have to go into companionway to be able to toggle circuits - can't just reach around companionway...

I saw your e-mail coming through sailboat owners. All it contains is your e-mail address. I didn't know what you needed me to do ... I can check with ISP to see if it went into SPAM and release it from there...

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
Thanks Ward. Now approx 4 hrs later & I haven't received. Checked SPAM filter and nothing. Check to see that you're using cbourne200@bellsouth.net. Have sent PM, but through SBO. Maybe SBO is causing problem. Try e-mailing to cbourne200@bellsouth.net - or at work - charles_bourne@sa01.org - maybe one will get through.

I've saved attachments, but when magnified, become hard to read. I get general 'gist' of what there is, but can't read very well...

Thanks for your continued attempt to get it to me

Charles
'87 O'Day 272
Pensacola, FL

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 26 Lake Wallenpaupack PA
Just want to publicly thank Ward for sending me the schematics!

Ron "Knotty" Mehringer

Status
Not open for further replies.