Oday 25 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Uncle Bill of Sodus Light:

There are many companies building boat trailers. Suggest that you review archives on this subject.

Is it going to be just for Storage or are you toting the boat a distance? Many use ordinary trailers modified for a sailboat. Are you a welder?

Alternatively, I usually recommend a Connecticut company that has the measurements of your boat. But be warned, they are a quality company, not interested in litigation of a trailer failing on the road. See:
http://www.triadtrailers.com/directions.htm

Also, post your questions under the O'day owners forum, you will get more responses to any question under the all inclusive heading.

Ed K

Jun 21, 2004
Oday 25 Sodus Bay, NY
Ed,

Thanks for the comeback. Mainly for storage, but would like to be able to make short (30-50 mile) hauls to the finger lakes. Not a welder, tried it once in high school and damned near burnt the school down...tractor tire caught a spark... But know a few welders who said they would be willing to help with the project. Currently the boat is setting on the original wood cradle on an iron hulk which is the back end of a flat bed truck. The cradle is starting to scare me and the guy who hauls the boat to and from the crane (.5 miles). Was given an old single axle Soling trailer last year, but not sure it is heavy enough to do the job. I have 4 jack stands that could be used, but not sure trailer is up to the job. Got any idea what a Soling weighs?

Really not up to spending the bucks for a new trailer. Just doesn't seem to be worth it for what I want to do with it.

Thanks for the heads up on where to post.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 26 Lake Keowee,SC
Trailer for my Oday 26

I bought a "TRAIL-RITE" power boat trailer and converted it to a sailboat trailer...very easy and only a small bit of welding. It holds my Oday 26 and is adjustable in many many directions. Look close at the uprights that come off the 4" tube on the trailer, all I did was turn them 180 degrees, then they were pointed IN and make great supports for the bunk board and or pads. Print and study the jpgs and its not difficult to convert this trailer. see attached jpgs. Dave kdssail@hotmail.com

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.