O'Day 25 Rigging and Operation Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
Legnos, Starwind, Regal Mystic 30 cutter, 22 trailer sailor, bow rider NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
I WOULD ALSO GREATLY APPRECIATE A MANUAL. I have a 1975 od 25 nearing completion of a year or so refit. I bought it on ebay for $107.50 down in the keys. Its almost done-yeah! Patrick

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
I don't have the PDF files that you seek, however I have transcribed the original O'DAY supplied rigging guide (it was a double-sided 11" x 14" paper) into a booklet form and have added a few other diagrams (mast-raising system, electrical diagram 1979). It's not perfect, but It may be a big help!
I am not set up to e-mail the book, but can offer copies printed up and snail-mailed for a charge of $10.00 including postage.
This is not an official O'DAY publication, and I offer it unofficially.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 26 Lake Keowee,SC
I have a couple of set up and other manuals for the Oday 25-26 that I will gather up and send out tomarrow on this post. It shows BASIC stuff about mast raising and rigging along with a page on the optional mast raising assist device that was an option. Look forit tomarrow or the next day. Dave (kdssail)

Jun 3, 2010
Oday 25 White Lake in Whitehall,MI
O'Day Rigging and Operations Manual

I just bought an O'day 25! Got it in the water today. Don't know how to put up the sails. Can you help. Thank you, Thank you if you can! Alan

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Pearson 323 . St. Mary's Georgia
I just bought an O'day 25! Got it in the water today. Don't know how to put up the sails. Can you help. Thank you, Thank you if you can! Alan
The main sail has slugs on one side and a rope sewed into the bottom. You just insert the rope into the boom (There should be one slug to start it) and work it back. You should have a sheet (rope with a shackle) that feeds through a block on the end of the boom. this will pull the sail all the way back. Do not pull it tight until the sail is full raised.

At the top of the mast is where two halyards (ropes with shackles) go over pulleys in the mast. The sheet that has the shackle on the side of the boom is your main sail halyard. Attach the shackle to the mainsail top and pull the halyard on the front of the mast. On the mast is a place low that has a wide area in the gap. This is where you feed the slugs into the mast. Do this while facing into the wind. keep feeding the slugs into the mast and raising until it is full up. Tighten the sheet on the back of the boom. There is a rope on the front of the boom, your down haul. Pull it down and tie it off to pull the mainsail snug.

The jib is easier. One side has hanks, looks like metal shower curtain clips. Just get your jib halyard and attach to the top of the jib. clip the hanks on the forward stay. Make sure your jib sheets are run back to the blocks near your cockpit and tie a figure eight knot after they are run through so you do not have to go chasing them if they get pulled out during a tack. Raise the sail a little off the wind and trim the sail.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.