O'day 25 or 26 trailering weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2009
Oday 26 Central FL
Has anyone weighed their 25 o 26 on a truck scale without supplies?

I know the displacement is 4800, wondering how close that trailering weight is.

TIA,

John

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 26 Lake Keowee,SC
my twin axle trailer weight in at 1408# and the inboard at @110#...add you engine weight+trailer+boat+fuel+STUFF to get total. check tires for proper weight then upgrade 1 level if you can. If you are looking for a tow truck consider if the trailer has brakes--yes--or--no. If NO then go to a 3/4 ton since they have bigger brakes.

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
kdssail said:
my twin axle trailer weight in at 1408# and the inboard at @110#...add you engine weight+trailer+boat+fuel+STUFF to get total. check tires for proper weight then upgrade 1 level if you can. If you are looking for a tow truck consider if the trailer has brakes--yes--or--no. If NO then go to a 3/4 ton since they have bigger brakes.
Off topic, but: Hi kdssail. Not forgetting you, I just have had a challenging week and am working through the weekend except for being off part of Saturday. I will try to write this week. Be glad to have u visit!
Keith

Feb 15, 2006
Catalina 250 wb Lake Texoma Texas
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but how trailerable are these boats? (From a standpoint of trailering to and from on every sail).. Ive had a hard time finding a photo of one on a trailer which normally speaks volumes...

Cabby

Jan 14, 2011
Oday 25 Santa Cruz
Here is the boat we purchased. I do tow it with a 1997 3/4 ton Power Stroke diesel F250. This is a picture from the person we bought it from so thats not my truck. I live at 2200 ft above sea level in the Santa Cruz Mountains ~ 10 miles to the ocean with many curves in the road and some grades of 14 % coming up the mountain. It can be done, but trailer maintenance and up keep is a priority.

Attachments

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
mspiers said:
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but how trailerable are these boats? (From a standpoint of trailering to and from on every sail).. Ive had a hard time finding a photo of one on a trailer which normally speaks volumes...
Well here then!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.