O'Day 25 Centerboard Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2008
Oday 302 Satellite Beach
Does anyone out there have mechanical drawings or fairly accurate measurements of an O'Day 25 swinging centerboard? I would like to try building one since mine is completely missing! Hauling and reaching--as you might expect without a CB--isn't cutting it! I know DB Marine sells everything I need; but I'm in FL and shipping adds another $100 to the bill. I'm also in the market for a #7 winch (1-speed) to replace the port jib line winch that BROKE OFF the other day! Used parts are completely acceptable to me, so any sources for those would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
L. S. French:

Check the archives, there have been drawings and discussions in the past.

Where is original centerboard?

Ed K

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
I have a copy of a sketch of the O'DAY 26 CB, it was said that the 25 usedthe same CB? You could call Rudy at D&R Marine (508) 644-3001 to verify if the 25 and 26 used the same centerboard, he may try to sell you a new one, but he seems pretty reasonable and if you want to build your own I think he will certainly answer this question.

Attachments

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Does anyone out there have mechanical drawings or fairly accurate measurements of an O'Day 25 swinging centerboard? I would like to try building one since mine is completely missing! Hauling and reaching--as you might expect without a CB--isn't cutting it! I know DB Marine sells everything I need; but I'm in FL and shipping adds another $100 to the bill. I'm also in the market for a #7 winch (1-speed) to replace the port jib line winch that BROKE OFF the other day! Used parts are completely acceptable to me, so any sources for those would be greatly appreciated!
I got Sunbird's sketch from my friend Ray who owns an O'Day 26. I think that his boat is a 1986. It's probably the same centerboard. The only other items needed are the two wedges, two plates, two Bolts, two wood screws, and the fiber pivot pin. Rudy has these in stock if you don't have them.
http://www.drmarine.com/
Joe

Attachments

Oct 1, 2007
- - MTL.,QC.
If you look in the classified ads, under gear ads, scroll down to oday 25 gear for sale, there is a centerboard and other equipment at good prices.
Good luck, TDC

Status
Not open for further replies.