Oday 240 Head

Oct 28, 2013
Oday 240 East Greenwich
Hello All,
Just bought an Oday 240. Moving up from a Catalina 22. She looks completely set up for a full marine head but currently has a porta potty. Has anyone made the conversion? Looking for tips/tricks such as holding tank placement etc.
Thanks for your help
Adam

May 12, 2008
Santana 525 Bristol, PA Delaware River
Hello All, Just bought an Oday 240. Moving up from a Catalina 22. She looks completely set up for a full marine head but currently has a porta potty. Has anyone made the conversion? Looking for tips/tricks such as holding tank placement etc. Thanks for your help Adam
I had a 240 and you could order with a portable toilet or the plumbed in head. Mine had the portable toilet. You'll need a fresh water tank and a black water tank. There is also a need to vent thee pipe I believe. You might want to check with DR Marine for parts. http://www.drmarine.com/categories.asp?cat=72 I could have wore I saw a manual for the 240 online somewhere that had the complete diagram. Enjoy.

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
Last link, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm just curious. A few months back I looked at. 240 in Forked River. I think the owner named it Chop Suey. It looked like a nice boat. I wasn't in a position to buy her at that time.

Just curious if this is the boat you bought.

Nov 5, 2010
Oday 23 Stonington, CT
Having looked into putting a flush head in Golden Road, I can say - be prepared for a big job. First there's the toilet and installation, then the holding tank - size? placement? access? You'll need to vent the holding tank, as well as have a hose leading to to deck access for pump-out. Do not cut corners. Cheap hose or tank will release odors! Remember, you're sailing around with a tank of Sh-t in your boat. I decided to keep my porta potty for this season, and concentrate on other stuff.

Nov 18, 2013
Oday 32 Ketch North Fort Myers, FL
Just installed a composting head from C-Head on my 32 and after the first couple of wks. am very pleased. No odor no big installation hassles and no more pump outs. It will allow me to place more water or fuel tankage in place of that nasty old holding tank. Check them out at C-Head.com

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
Just installed a composting head from C-Head on my 32 and after the first couple of wks. am very pleased. No odor no big installation hassles and no more pump outs. It will allow me to place more water or fuel tankage in place of that nasty old holding tank. Check them out at C-Head.com
If you happened to take photos of the install, I'd love to see them. Also, how robust is the construction of the unit?

Jeff

Nov 18, 2013
Oday 32 Ketch North Fort Myers, FL
The head is robustly constructed with quality marine grade hinges and other hardware. The installation is so straightforward with no plumbing and tie down of the head's housing is accomplished by a removable tie down with owner installed cleats on the housing itself. The C-Head is mfg. by an experienced sail cruiser here in Fl. and his web site has all the info. One of the very few additions I've accomplished on our Oday that I heartily endorse. The builder is readily available by phone to discuss your individual requirements.
Highest Regards, Darrell

Nov 5, 2010
Oday 23 Stonington, CT
Good to know. I'd only heard of the Air Head, which wouldn't really fit in the 23.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I'm not sure you need a fresh water tank if you have install a thru-hull to provide water for pumping...but you may prefer the fresh water tank to having a thru-hull...to Golden Road in Stonington, thee use to be a small restaurant, the Water Street Cafe near the wharf...had many great meals there maybe 10-15 years past. Patrick in Wichita