oday 23 mast wirring

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
Anyone have an insight into how I can pull a new cable in for my mast light?
The old cable is corroded and needs either cutting back or replacing, however there is no slack and I can't see how or where it is routed.

Jan 22, 2007
Oday 23 Cedar Creek Marina Bayville NJ
Step the mast and use the old cable to pull the new one. Or use an electricians snake to run the new cable. Only obstruction is at the spreader bars and you should be able to pass that with little effort.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
On my 25 it was fixed between cabin liner and deck. I really doubt there is a channel on the 23. I fact I didn't find one wire I could use to pull a new wire through. That's where ingenuity comes into play.

When I wired my mast I used the rod Leslie mentioned. Made it a very easy project.

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
I'm pretty sure the cabin top wire is embedded in solid glass or is pinched between the liner and the deck. I do remember being glad there was still enough salvageable wire protruding from the top when I rewired my mast. Others have run a new wire along the top of the bulkhead.

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
I'm pretty sure the cabin top wire is embedded in solid glass or is pinched between the liner and the deck. I do remember being glad there was still enough salvageable wire protruding from the top when I rewired my mast. Others have run a new wire along the top of the bulkhead.
that's my fear, damned these old boats and the fools that preserve them!

Jul 28, 2016
O'day 23 Salem, MA
Somebody shoot me a few pics of their boom rigging and line setup. Have an O'Day 23 with the triangular block main sheet setup. I'm interested in shots of the line setup at the boom attachment to mast, and the line/rigging for the sail attachment at the aft end of the boom. The boom is setup for reeling. I had photo's that I used each year to do it correctly and now can't find them.
You can post em here or email cujo665@aol.com

May 22, 2004
Oday 23 Bullock's Cove, RI
Another option is to run the wires from the panel under the port bunk and then, on the forward side of the bulkhead which has the chain plates to the through the hole in the deck. That's how mine are routed and it saves having wires visible in the main cabin. I like to keep my wires hidden, but easily accessible, so there is never a chance of someone catching them when we store the pole, move something around in the cabin or just reach for the ceiling to find a handhold should the boat get rocked or is underway with a reasonable heel.