Oday 22 Furler

• Thread starter Keith Dellsperger
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keith Dellsperger

I'm come to the realization that sailing is my passion and my wife comees with less often. I am thinking about intsalling a furling genoa for sailing ease for a one man crew. Has anyone installed a Furling system on an Oday22 and if so approximatley what was the expense, was it worth it. Can I do it or should I leave it to a professional . I can do most anything on the boat but I have not yet tackeled any working rigging. Any suggestions anyone.

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Furlers

Keith, There have been a number of threads regarding adding roller furlers over the past several months; use the search function on the homepage to search for 'furler' or 'furling.' You should get lots of hits. As far as the advisability of adding one, I can't imagine how we all sailed for so long without them. Of course, the racers don't like them because they can mess up the sail shape with a partially rolled sail, so be sure to check out their opinions. In any event, adding a furler can be done for ~400 if you're willing to do it yourself and you have a headsail in good enough condition that it is worth converting. If not, you're looking at a replacement sail. Used ones can be had for a couple of hundred dollars, and a new one shouldn't be more the 700 or so. If the budget allows, a new sail with foam in the luff will allow the sail to keep a better shape is it is partially furled. I have such a headsail and am very pleased with it. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

W

Wallace Eddy

Installing Furler on O'Day 22

Looking for information and parts for Furler. I have a forward deck attachment and a Sapphire drum only. If anyone knows of a dealer who sells Sapphire Furlers or if anyone has information on how to install, please reply. Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas! Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.