O'Day 20 Spreader Bracket Mast Holes

Sep 9, 2016
ODay 20 Manchester, NH
The holes in the mast that the spreader sheet metal screws attach to are stripped. I have tried slightly larger sheet metal screws but that does not really work. Any suggestions for attaching the spreader brackets to the mast would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
You could have them welded. Logistic problems there. Aluminum rivets? You need to use high quality rivets not the average hardware store variety. Depending on the configuration you might be able to thru bolt. Ideally you would have a compression post but I can't see how that could be done. If your spreaders aren't swept back there isn't that much on them and it's largely compression.

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
The compression tube can be inserted through either the top or the bottom of the mast . We used a 20' piece of schedule 40 pvc.We cut a groove in the end of the pvc that was the shape of half the diameter of the compression post .I used masking tape to hold it in place while I shoved the pvc down into the mast . Measure the length of the bracket to the top of the mast ,or the bottom . Mark that same length and mark it on the pvc .
You could could also sleeve the mast where the struts are and remount them with rivets