Oday 20 Restoration

Aug 7, 2021
O'day 28 Casco Bay
One more thing I am curious about is all of that "layup detritus" (for the want of a better term) located at her forefoot. One side looks like a piece of fiberglass tube. Cannot understand why any of it was there. Please let us know what you find and think you'll do.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Clutch, Could that tube be a drain to the outside? Normally the bow of boats is used as an anchor storage well. Water is drained out of the boat either to the bilge or a tube that opens out of the bow.

Aug 7, 2021
O'day 28 Casco Bay
Clutch, Could that tube be a drain to the outside? Normally the bow of boats is used as an anchor storage well. Water is drained out of the boat either to the bilge or a tube that opens out of the bow.
In this case, the OD 20 had no anchor locker or access hatch on the foredeck or cabin top. I also think that whatever that tube is or was, it is too large in diameter for a simple drain. Perhaps it was there to supply some additional stiffness. I might be tempted to send that pic to Rudy Nickerson. Let's see what our intrepid restorer has to say.