OD 34 Max Prop pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harlan

I am replacing the standard fixed 2 blade prop with a Max-Prop 2-blade feathering prop on my OD 34 and am hoping to find someone who's done this and has fine tuned the pitch so I can learn from your experience. Engine is the Universal diesel 25hp. The manual says the standard fixed prop is 16" diameter 12" pitch but the actual prop is stamped 9" pitch. It has worked fine. While still 2 blades, the Max Prop blades have different characteristics so I'm sure it will perform differently than the fixed prop regardless of which pitch I set it at. The prop shops computer seems to agree with the 12" pitch. Anyone with practical experience who can give some advice and save me a hauling to reset the pitch? Thanks.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Try the Porps forum

The guys from PYI themselves can probably help you out - ph.

N

Neil Scoltock

Pitch

First, you are going to love how the Max enhances the performance of your boat.I did this switch on my O-35 and was fed the wrong pitch info and did have get hauled and reset down.the engine in the later 34's & 35's was the M25-21hp Universal, so when you talk to PYI make sure they are aware of this when they give you the pitch setting.I had to drop my setting into the 8's and have been very happy.I did lose 200rpm's on top end, but no noticable top speed loss, still around 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.