Oceanis 45 Bow Thruster issues...

Apr 6, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Port Douglas
After just 400nm spanning 5 months the bow thruster on my new Oceanis 45 ceased working.

A technician advised the motor had burnt out. Because of the tight maneuvering required in some of the marinas here in the south of France I authorised and paid for a replacement. Same make and model. The new thruster works perfectly fine.

My issue is now with Benetau. Through my Benetau agent in Melbourne I am being advised that Benetau will probably not pay for the replacement because the assumption is made that if the motor burns out then it must be due to misuse or overuse.

Has anyone else been down this path?

Nov 24, 2012
Have you addressed this with the thruster manufacturer? Generally boat manufacturers default to the company that made the product. FYI my Lewmar cabin top electric winch stopped working and Lewmar replaced it. 5 months is nothing in terms or wear and tear so should be replaced.

Apr 6, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Port Douglas
Yes TJ I have, indirectly.

According to the very reputable firm that installed the new thruster, if the same problem were to occur then the manufacturer offers a 3 year warranty, which includes burn out.

Hence my dismay at my Melbourne Benetau agent's advice.

Dec 26, 2012
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Ventura,Ca.
Go to Beneteau directly to there customer service dept I got an issue resolved thru them when my dealer said it was my problem,they reimbursed my expense directly to me.

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Go to Beneteau directly to there customer service dept I got an issue resolved thru them when my dealer said it was my problem,they reimbursed my expense directly to me.
Can anyone tell me how to contact Beneteau customer service. I have an Oceanis 41 in S. of France. Dealer hasn't replied to any e-mails re problems since I bought boat 2 years ago!

Nov 24, 2012
If you're in France you're pretty close to the corp headquarters for Beneteau. Quick google search will point you in the right direction. Give them a call - or at the very least let them know of your dissatisfaction with the dealer's response.

I found my dealer and Beneteau USA very responsive - but probably won't help with a boat on another continent.

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hah.... you might be able to do that in the US - but contact Beneteau in France? You have to be joking!!!
I wrote to them last year... no reply.
A company/web-site full of promises... all empty.