Oceanis 411 Swim platform locker

May 4, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Rock Hall, MD
Can anyone tell me what the small locker is for on a 2000 Oceanis 411 that is located on the port side of the swim platform. New Beneteau owner. This locker has a bottom drain that is submerged allowing "Bay Water" to enter the locker "in and out."

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
That is where you store your snorkel gear when you leave the crystalline waters that only exist south of the Bay bridge. :)

Jul 28, 2014
Beneteau 411 Sydney
The stern storage locker can be used for storage, but it is designed with the hole and to allow water flow to enable use as a live fish tank (for bait fish or for caught fish).

May 7, 2014
Beneteau 390 Tiburon
The stern storage locker can be used for storage, but it is designed with the hole and to allow water flow to enable use as a live fish tank (for bait fish or for caught fish).
I think it is a drain hole great for wet diving gear??

Apr 29, 2014
Beneteau 473 Charleston
The stern sits a bit low on my 473, so the bottom of this compartment is an inch or so below the waterline, which means I have oysters if I don't clean it regularly. I tried plugging the drain hole, but then the compartment fills with rain water.

I just hired a fiberglass repair guy to raise the bottom of the compartment a few inches, using expanding foam and fiberglass, to permanently solve the problem.