Oceanis 41 - side windows

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Hi
My 4 year old Oceanis 41 is moored in the South of France. What a pity Beneteau seem to be unaware that it gets hot there. Results of it being warm include lots of strips of the teak deck lifting and warping and now one of the perspex side windows is coming away. The 2 sided rubber tape has given up. This is the one found in the heads in the saloon.

Anyone any ideas of how to repair? Or what type of double sided tape need to replace?

Regards
Paul M

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
now one of the perspex side windows is coming away. The 2 sided rubber tape has given up.
You'll find that the major strength of these joints comes from the DC 795 sealant. Check the archives here for a library of information on replacing and repairing these portlights.

On another note, if you're willing to fly me to your boat in the south of France, I'd bemore than pleased to repair the portlight. The weather here is miserable at this time of the year.

Last edited:
May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Your offer to fly over is overly generous!! I think it would be cheaper to keep the leaking window and replace the rest of the boat though!!!