Oceanis 37 PE

Oct 13, 2013
Beneteau 37 Oceanis Platinum Edition Seabrook, TX
So you already have it at the dealer. Lucky you.
I made the same decisions. What I did like about the 38 was the open concept. If I could do away with the forward bulkhead I would. That's about the only thing besides the dual helms I liked. Don't care for a galley that takes up the starboard side, nowhere near as much storage. I did forget that I liked the separate shower.
Priced both and weighed the differences. The 37 won hands down. Beneteau will be foolish to drop the model as planned. Maybe they see that in the numbers. My hull number is 194.
The 38 has a future with the weekender and party set but in my humble opinion if you want to cruise long distances the 37 is the way to go.

Oct 13, 2013
Any comments on the 2014 Beneteau 37 PE. Very close to " pulling the
trigger" on one. Don't care for vanity in V-Berth & microwave above
chart table. Going from 36CC I have had 16 yrs.
Well; I ordered one. LOL That says a lot for my two cents. Can't help you on Vanity and mirror. And I tend to agree with you on the microwave over the chart table. It can be ordered without one and you can buy a microwave to stand on the counter.
I checked out all the "Production" Built boats if that's what you want to call them and price, features, quality lead me to the 37. The 38 may fancy you better if you want to start with a bare interior and choose your options. Since I don't know your sailing preferences I wouldn't know which way to steer you.
All I can say is the 37 fits my style. Solid boat that will be fully outfitted for long passages in the Gulf and Caribbean and living aboard 24/7.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Not quite apples to apples, but close...

We just took delivery of our brand new Oceanis 34 PE, two weeks ago last Friday! We are moving up from our very first boat (a '90 First 285), so we were plenty happy to accept the PE package 'as is' with just a couple of commissioning changes. The obvious notable exception in the attachment is the classic rig…

We had no major issues to be resolved at all. Our broker noticed that the B & G Zues touch screen interface stopped responding once and that issue has recurred once for us, but came back after cycling the power on the unit. I'll try to keep track of how it performs and post updates in the future.

I can't speak to big plans and long passages, but I can pass along our experiences in moving up a size (or two) since last summer. I can also appreciate quality and attention to detail, and we have not been disappointed or unpleasantly surprised by anything since our boat arrived in Seattle in early January.

Good luck with your search and your choice!
Dave

'Escapade' on her way from Seattle to Olympia via Poulsbo (Beneteau owners 'mini-Vous'; "Bring your french boat to a scandinavian town for a mexican dinner", how could I resist? And where I was until a month ago (as it looked today), you think I'm ready for some sailing weather?

Attachments

Oct 13, 2013
Used to live in upstate NY. Had enough cold to last me.
Sail'n Somewhere will be outfitted for long passages. For me it's not the destination but the journey. I'm 68 and seen and experienced most of the world over the years. The "been there done that" is fairly full. This new life is probably the last item on my bucket list. It will take that long to accomplish it all. How far I get and How long I'm gone? We'll just have to see. That's why the name we chose is "Sail'n Somewhere".
A clear night sky out where the lights of civilization can't reach is just as wonderful as an exotic port and rum in a jar. The adrenalin rush of a healthy storm just as exciting as the wildest of destinations. Dead calm is a time for reflection.
Ports are needed when my Brandy runs dry and I'm out of cigars. LOL

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
We've just taken delivery of our new Oceanis 37. It's technically a Limited Edition, but with the gennaker added making it pretty much equivalent to the platinum edition. Love it so far. Enjoyed the trip down the Delaware from the dealer - great power and quietness under engine. Had a few sails on the Delaware before the delivery and found it wonderful under sail as well. No major issues, mostly just needed software updates to the electronics and some other odds and ends by the dealer. Looking forward to enjoying it over the summer!

image-4000742046.jpg

image-739294658.jpg

Oct 13, 2013
Getting real close to delivery. Due to ship on 6/27 or 7/7 based on when the mast arrives in S.C. Hull No. 195. Originally told it was 194. Better yet; We just found out our 37 is a 2015 model. Scheduled to close on the house 6/25. If so we'll be in Seabrook, TX on 6/26. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright.
We also finalized the graphics for the boat and Dink.

Oct 13, 2013
Getting real close to delivery. Due to ship on 6/27 or 7/7 based on when the mast arrives in S.C. Hull No. 195. Originally told it was 194. Better yet; We just found out our 37 is a 2015 model. Scheduled to close on the house 6/25. If so we'll be in Seabrook, TX on 6/26. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright.
We also finalized the graphics for the boat and Dink.

[/URL][/IMG]

Cwoody

Aug 10, 2010
Beneteau 37 Galesville, MD
Thought I might bring this tread back to life and see how all you B37 owners were doing. Negotiating with AYS as we speak for a 2016 B37 PE -hull# 214. We really like our 2002 B331. However 10 years from now maintaining a 10 year old boat vs a 24 year old boat is part of our incentive to go new, now, Not to mention the B37 holds 2x H2O and Fuel for future coastal cruising.
The one area where Beneteau reduced capacity is in the holding tank. We are a little concerned about going from 24gal to only 21gal on the Chesapeake Bay. How is everyone handling this? Pump early and pump often?
Also, I negotiated down from MSRP on several cars, but never a boat. Whats the bottom line?
Any other comments would be appreciated.
Thanks CW

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Good luck on your purchase. We've been enjoying our 2014 37 LE for two seasons now. No real complaints - it sails very nicely, particularly in winds of around 10-17, and the cabin is very comfortable. We haven't had any problems with the holding tank size, although we haven't been away from marinas for any extended period of time.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE.... We are a little concerned about going from 24gal to only 21gal on the Chesapeake Bay....[/QUOTE]
My B323 came from AYS, which is just across the creek from my marina. 13 gallon holding tank worked okay when 4 of us went for 16 days around the DelMarVa loop. I often take 4 for three-day weekends, once had 6 crew with no problems. If this tank wears out or if i hit the lottery, I'll go bigger. My increased vent line size helps in a side-benefit. Like bagged ice, take your pumpouts when you can find them if you want to be sure.

If you have not been advised of the "Chesapeake Bay Beneteau Club" (CB2, for short) it is the largest Beneteau owners club in the world. CB2.org. Spring lunch is March 12 in Eastport.

Last edited:

Cwoody

Aug 10, 2010
Beneteau 37 Galesville, MD
It is a done deal. She will be delivered from Marion to AYS before the end of the month. Pretty exciting.
We have had our B331 FOXSEA for 6 years and We'll be sad to see her go. She has been a great one. I am only adding 2" of draft so should still be able to sneak into those shallow channels.
Thanks for the responses.
Ron, I am a CB2 member. Not sure if I can make the Spring Lunch. Looking forward to this years Rendezvous.
Rumor has it this years destination is going to be Deltaville.
CW

May 17, 2004
Congratulations! Have fun having it commissioned and learning your way around it!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE...Rumor has it this years destination is going to be Deltaville.CW[/QUOTE]

A recent CB2 email speculates that either the DMV circle or the Albermarle loop will be timed to make the Rendezvous at Deltaville. If only the 'vous weren't so expensive...
You MIGHT get a discount plan from AYS at West and/or Fawcetts to complete outfittiing your boat. Now that I think about it, I think I've seen FoxSea at Pirates Cove. I'm on TERI LYN. My SOS club is there three times a year, April 16/17 this year. Let me know if you come up Eastport way. I live right across the creek from AYS.