Oceanis 321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2012
Beneteau First 30 Michigan
I am looking for information from Beneteau Oceanis 321 owners regarding their satisfaction with this Beneteau model sailboat. Have there been any issues with hull/deck joint, toe-rail, hull liner, engine/mechanical, stuffing-box, keel attachment, chain-plate/tie-rod, deck moisture (especially around the chain-plate area), general construction detail, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
Did you read the reviews by owners on this website under Boat Info???

Oct 28, 2008
Beneteau 321 NSSC (Michigan)
We have owned our 1996 321 for 4 years (2nd owner) now and have not had any issues with those topics.
We have had few issues such as leaky sky lites even after they were professionally repaired.
Also upwind performance is nothing to brag about, needs another foot of keel.
If you have any specific questions you can contact me at dvantong@yahoo.com

ceseal

Nov 20, 2012
Beneteau Oceanis 321 Perdido Bay
Have owned a 1996 321 for about 10 years. She has performed well with no major problems. We also experienced skylight problems and spent a lot ot time trying to address it ourselves with little success- go with the pros, we did and it solved the problem. We also replaced the portlight gaskets with success. At the moment, we have a very dry boat.

Frankly, we're willing to give up additional keel length and improved upwind performance because we have a lot of shoal water in our sailing venues.

Although most of our sailing is inland (MS Sound, Perdido Bay- home port, Pensacola Bay, upper Gulf coast) we (2 couples) did a 2000 nm roundtrip cruise to the Exumas (Bahamas) without experiencing any major problems in spite of one very rough Gulfstream crossing. We agreed that the boat perormed beyond our expectations even in very rough seas. BTW, we did very little upwind sailing during our cruise. Time and channel constraints generally dictated motor sailing when the wind was on the nose.

Oct 6, 2010
Beneteau Oceanus 321 Carters Pt.
We have a 1997 Beneteau 321 for last 2 seasons (second owner) Fantastic boat some minor issues with opening ports ,cured that problem myself after doing some research.
I am impressed with up wind performance (shoal draft) especially since changing the roller furling headsail to a Norh Sails 135 % from the original 155%
Boat performce much improved on all points of sail with the 135% over a wider wind range.
We sail the Saint John River New Brunswick Canada

Nov 17, 2012
Beneteau First 30 Michigan
To everyone, I really appreciate your very helpful information. We have owned a Beneteau First 30 for 28 years now, she was built in France and I'm not as familiar with the newer Beneteau models built in the USA so your insight is certainly very valuable to me. The roominess and the roller furling main and jib appeal to us as we get older. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.