Oceanis 321 Looking for complete assembly bow anchor roller

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
I have a friend who had the misfortune of hitting a dock severely last summer. The head-on impact was so hard that it broke the bow pulpit to which the anchor roller is attached. The anchor roller itself is stainless but the broken part, which forms the bow to which the stainless anchor roller is attached to, is made cast aluminum according to a welder to whom we showed the broken piece. According to the welder, removing the remaining part to weld both of them back together would not proove good enough and would likely break again. Looks like a complete new part is needed. So far calls to the Beneteau dealer in our area have not brought any info as to the availability or price. Boat is 1997 Beneteau Oceanis 321. If anyone has info on part number or availability of new or even 2nd hand parts, thanks for sharing.

Dec 14, 2003
Thanks. It does look similar but the cast aluminum section seems smaller than when I last saw the broken one. I'll send the picture to my friend for comparison with his pictures and the broken piece which he has at home (boat in on the ground and covered for winter). Will also try to get info from Beneteau USA.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
You just go to the Beneteau USA website, dial in your model and the schematics pop up. Very easy!

What isn't easy is navigating the site and getting on in the first place. It's a PIA!

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Looks really nice and shiny. Hopefully you won't need a second mortgage on the house to pay for it.

Can you take the broken one to a small machining shop?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Or ship it yo Klacko in St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada to have it repaired or a custom one made.

Dec 14, 2003
Tks Re the Klacko info. At this point, looking at the picture provided by mdibella and comparing with what was originally on the boat it looks very similar. The original pulpit was redone to allow installation of a swivel channel to let the anchor go down by itself when the down button is pushed. It goes down carried by its own weight without having to go forward and push it. The channel allowing this was saved and will be re-installed once the pulpit is fixed. My friend and I are going to the boat this week and will take precise measurements with the broken part and the remaining one. Boat is under tarp for the winter but if we can remove the remaining piece we'll do so and thus be able to make a picture + have accurate measurement. BTW, I tried to go the the Beneteau USA site and it wants me to create an account before I can access the parts file. I will wait until December when I get to our winter place in Florida so I can provide a US address. Thanks for the help

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
Since you haven't logged into the Parts System, here is the price and it looks like it is available.
2021-11-20_14-13-09.jpg

Dec 14, 2003
Since you haven't logged into the Parts System, here is the price and it looks like it is available.View attachment 200332
Thanks Joker 460. That does confirm that the part 031514 as per the picture posted by mdibella is indeed the part my friend needs. We'll be able to double-check once we have been to the boat this week and then also check with Klacko. Thanks for the info

Dec 14, 2003
Went to my friend's boat yesterday and removed the broken part of the stem head fitting. Glad to find out that the info provided by mdibella and joker460 is indeed the correct part for the Beneteau 321. P/N 031514 is clearly stamped underneat the removed broken part. With that in hand we contacted the Beneteau dealer here in the Montreal area and they advised us that is is available at Beneteau USA and gave us the same price as provided by joker460. Of course they promptly told us the $1122.34 is US $ and also figured out the Canadian $ with the exchange added on. Which is fair.
FYI sail sfbay, we also contacted Klacko Enterprises and were told that they are not accepting this type of work at the present time because they are booked solid until 2023. They referred us to Stainless Outfitters in Barrie, Ontario, and we contacted them. They asked us to send a picture of the part and they would get back to us with price & delivery. We sent the pix immediately and are now waiting for their reply.
Looks like we'll be able to solve my friend's problem before Spring time. Thanks to all who got involved.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Excellent - isn't owning sailboats fun! Nothing time, parts and money cannot solve!

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
It's really not clear to me from the description what is stainless and what is aluminum. If you are talking about welding aluminum castings, it may work, depending on what aluminum was used for the casting. When I bought my previous boat many years ago the spinnaker pole end fitting was broken and the PO had fiberglassed it back together. I don't think he ever flew the spinnaker so it worked for him but it didn't take long for that patch to fail with regular use. I took the cast aluminum end fitting to a shop and asked if they could weld it. They took it to the most experienced welder in the shop and he said "maybe" it would work. We didn't know what material it was but I was willing to give it a try. He did a very neat job, seemed to get very good weld penetration and it was still holding strong when I sold the boat almost 20 years later, including many years of hard racing with the spinnaker.

If you can't find a replacement, try welding it before making a new one from scratch. Try shopping it around a bit if you don't like the answer from the first shop. There are a lot of shops capable of this work in Montreal.

Dec 14, 2003
Thanks to all who chimed in. With your help we got the info required and everything is now in my friend's hands. He has contacted a few shops and is still awaiting some quotes before making his final decision. With what he has on hands now, looks like having an exact replica made out of stainless will be less money than buying the Beneteau cast aluminum one. Go figure ! Again thanks for the help.