Obtain Owners Manual for a Ranger 29

Aug 6, 2015
Ranger Ranger 29 Moss Landing
Hi all,

I am in the process of purchasing a Ranger 29. Right now the boat is a "Diamond in the rough" but looks like she will clean up well. Am looking to obtain (legally) an Owners Manual for a Ranger 29. Does any one know where I can obtain one? Not able to locate one on the Internet.

Best,
Paul

Aug 6, 2015
Hi EasyRider,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the site does not have the Owners Manual for a Ranger 29. Would be nice to have, but looks like this is (at least for now) a lost document.

BTW, the Ranger 29 I have has had the Atomic 4 replaced with a brushed DC (i.e. Etek with Millipak controller) motor. I am currently in the process of bringing the motor online. If anyone has any questions about using DC motors in a sailboat, I will be glad to share my experiences.

- Paul

Aug 29, 2015
Ranger 29 Victoria
Paul,

It's there. I just checked again. It's on the second page, second from the bottom. The title is "Owners Guide". It's pretty basic but it is the original.

Interesting that your R29 has an electric motor. I know there are a few guys in my neck of the woods who have, or are, converting to electric power but don't have any details as to how there are working out. Mostly positive comments if I remember right. My R29 is a 1971 model which I've owned for 27 years. Replaced the RWC Atomic four about 10 years ago with a rebuild FWC and it's still going strong. The R29 is still a great boat.

Aug 6, 2015
Hi EasyRider,

Thanks for replying. Missed the small "print" on teh place about the second page (.. and I pilot a compute console for a living!). Have downloaded the Owners Manual. This helps.

BTW I have a 1971 model of an R29 as well. She has been modified quite a bit (and likely quite well) by the previous owners for racing. This includes quite a few epoxied over holes that are no longer used. Plan on not making any new holes, and getting her back into the well-cared for condition she used to be in.

Thanks again.
Paul

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
On any R-29 that has been sailed hard, be sure to check on the tabbing to the hull, under the forepeak. I used to crew on one.
If the bulkhead has come loose, it is quite fix-able, but kind of common.
Good sailing boat from a great designer.

LB