O34 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Bowersett

I would like to here from anyone who has installed an air conditioner in an O34. I am especially intersested in the size that was chosen and if it works well for the area you are in

L

lnranch

AC

We installed a 12 BTU on our O'Day 28 and this was the correct size for us. We are in Texas and the heat can be over a 100. I think the 16000 BTU unit should be correct for the 34. We did not install the reverse cycle due to space limits; however, several boats near us did and found the heating system did not work as the water temperature dropped below 40 degree. One thing make sure the water pump is adequate size for your unit. The one sent with our system was to small and we had to increase it due to the temp of our water. Good Luck

D

Dave

AC on an O'Day 35

We have had a AC/Heater(reverse cycle) on DAMWEGAS for a year. It is a 16,000 BTU unit. The unit has worked well in cooling and heating. We don't use it with water temp. below 40F. We are extremely satisifed with it. We placed it in the bottom of the starboard wet locker and the pump and strainer on the under the starboard settee. The main outlet is into the salon in the bulkhead. There is another outlet out of the side of the chest of drawers in the V berth and one out of the vanitee in the head. The air intake is in the bottom of the wet locker. We chopped the doors off in the wet locker to install the grill panel. We now have a partial shelf in the top of the locker. It has been a great investment. Good winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.