O`Day 34 Tall Rig

Jun 2, 2019
Oday 34 Lorain Ohio
Hello,
I have a few questions about the O 34. I just purchased the boat and brought her home to Lake Erie from Lake Michigan. So my first question is about rig tension I have a roller furler double spreader rig was wondering the rigs tension using a loos gauge . For the upper and mid shroud and the forward and aft lowers and back stay . Another thing I noticed is when sheeted in going windward with a 130 genoa the leech sets inside the top spreader so I would`t be able to sheet in as tight with a 155 so with the 155 I would not point as high but she seemed to move nicely in light air the other day so was wondering since main is so large is it the norm to use the 130 Genoa I could see having to reef at say 15 knots yes or no ?? Input is much appreciated
I also need new sails so if anyone has a used main or 130 genoa still in good shape get in touch please
Thanks in Advance
Scott Peterson

Last edited:

Harlan

Jun 4, 2004
Oday 34 Niantic
I believe only 2 such boats were built - for sure not many. A friend owned one - sold it maybe 5 years ago. Last I heard that boat was in RI. He was a skilled sailor and successful racer so he may be helpful. If you send me a private message with your email address I'll try to get you in touch with him.