Not sailing related but this is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
wow....at all the locations where marinas and boats once were there is no sign of any boats or docks what so ever......what a tragic event of devastation

Jan 4, 2006
West Coast
Could Be Anything

I would be nice to know what it is before I'm invited to click on the link. Informed consent, and all that.

Fair Winds
Jeff

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I would be nice to know what it is before I'm invited to click on the link. Informed consent, and all that.

Fair Winds
Jeff
What's your problem, Jeff?

Last edited:

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
Thanks Don, that certainly puts it in perspective doesn't it.. What a gorgeous landscape prior to the devastation; an incredible tragedy in every way.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine

Fair Winds
Jeff
Jeff, I agree, a better description should have been provided but if you hovered over the link before you clicked on it, you would have known what it was.

BTW, this is something that everyone should get in the habit of doing. Spoofing a hyperlink is extremely easy.

Really puts things in perspective. Mother nature will rebound much faster than we will. It will be many years before life returns to anything near normal for these people.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Another Example of Tsunami Forces

You know, with that devastation, I tend to feel like a voyeur when I see the photos. Really terrible and hurtful. I understand the estimated size of the tsunami has been increased from 7 to 13 meters. Here is one example that would reinforce that.

Attachments

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
That is horrible. I really feel for the people who have been affected by this horrible event.

Status
Not open for further replies.