Not just a novelty to me

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
They market these as a novelty gadget. Something to amuse the kids. I just installed them and I find it very useful for those middle of the night boomer trips to the head. We have an overhead light that comes on red, but this is just enough to provide a good target and not wake up the admiral. Bought a pair on Amazon for $22. You can set the color and brightness

nite light.png

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Pretty cool...........did you install this on your boat? I installed a Mr. Beams, stick antwhere, battery powered amber motion light detector on the wall adjacent to the tank on my boat and home. Also very useful for nighttime trip to the head.

1632921460119.png

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It's the same. I bought a twin pack. One for the boat and one for the master bath at home. I use it at home so I don't have to turn on lights and lose my "back to bed" vision.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I use it at home so I don't have to turn on lights and lose my "back to bed" vision.
Within the first month of any place I've ever lived, I can walk around the entire house with my eyes closed and get to where I'm planning to go without stumbling around. I can do that easier on the boat. I thought everybody did or could do that.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Within the first month of any place I've ever lived, I can walk around the entire house with my eyes closed and get to where I'm planning to go without stumbling around.
Just sour grapes .............. I think it's a brilliant idea. Just like those idiot power boaters that have the underwater lights around their boats. As a matter of fact, I've got to wonder if the power boaters use the ocean to piss in at night seeing as how the water around the boat is already illuminated as a target :facepalm:.

But enough of that bilge water, the burning question here is "who gets to clean the light after it's become encrusted from being repeatedly splattered on ?" :yikes: .

• Ha