Non working microwave

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Have factory installed microwave used only twice. Last time plugged in coffee maker and tried
start microwave. Tripped circuit breaker. Un plugged coffe maker . Reset breaker. Microwave came on
that is light came on and numerical 88888 appeared on screen but microwave wouldn't start.
Any thoughts?

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
We got rid of ours shortly after we bought the boat. We weren't hooked up to shore power enough to make it worthwhile. The extra storage space in the galley was much more valuable.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I googled "microwave showing 8888" and got "About 3,490,000 results (0.49 seconds)".

Depending on the make it means different things. There are many suggestion for actions you can try.

Clydo

May 28, 2013
I googled "microwave showing 8888" and got "About 3,490,000 results (0.49 seconds)".

Depending on the make it means different things. There are many suggestion for actions you can try.
Thank you will try. Thought would check to see if someone on list had problem first.

Thanks again.

Clyde Thorington

Clydo

May 28, 2013
We got rid of ours shortly after we bought the boat. We weren't hooked up to shore power enough to make it worthwhile. The extra storage space in the galley was much more valuable.
Any mysteries with or how to remove microwave? Looks like will have to pull mine.
Thank you.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Jan 7, 2014
Beneteau 45F5 51551 Port Jefferson
Are you using it on shore power or an inverter? Some microwaves need a pure sine wave inverter.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Any mysteries with or how to remove microwave? Looks like will have to pull mine.
Thank you.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA
Well, it's been 17 years, so I don't remember much about the removal. Probably screws from underneath?

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Well, it's been 17 years, so I don't remember much about the removal. Probably screws from underneath?
Good memory Tom. In addition I talked to Warren at Catalina Yachts and he said the same
thing. There was one screw sticking out of bottom about inch. Took it out and Microwave
pulled right out. Microwave was screwed onto plywood panel which fit pretty tight
in cabinet. Interesting thing on back of microwave regarding various warnings said
not to use in cabinet. Guess they were concerned about heat but after 19
years didn't seem to have a problem. Don't know how many times it had been
used by previous owners.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We replaced ours a year ago... Easy Out.. Easy In..
Screws in the bottom holding it in and cord was run through the cabinet to a wall mounted outlet.
Ours only works on shore power. and it cost less than $100.00
Wife is happy! Like the saying happy wife..

Jan 23, 2022
Catalina 310 Upper Chesapeake
Screws in the bottom holding it in and cord was run through the cabinet to a wall mounted outlet.
Would you be able to share which micro you bought to replace it with? I can't find a direct replacement for the one that was on my boat when I bought it (which fit so very nicely, it was a Samsung)

Jun 29, 2024
Catalina 310 La Conner
I would also be interested in the model of microwave you installed if you have that information. My boat doesn't have one currently. I'm thinking the back panel of the cupboard has to come out?
Thanks!