Non skid

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa
So I used Pettit EZ decks on my Bristol 24. But now the surface will give anyone a FREE pedicure.
How to correct this pls. Ill leave it to your capable, experienced minds.
Thx in advance to you all....

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Looking to redo my non-skid when the weather cools down. OK, six months or so. But, anyway, thanks for the tip on a deck paint. I will check that out. Let us know how it holds up. Just kidding, but if your crew are tenderfoots then yes...
Wear shoes. ;)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Have you called the manufacturer support line?

Anything you do (save shoe wearing) will affect the paint finish.
  • A light sanding 220 grit might knock down the sharp edges.
  • Attempts to soften with mineral spirits will likely soften the paint finish.
  • Paint over with a same color paint might fill in some of the nonskid and still keep the paint finish.
There are some ideas. Check with the manufacturer. This is probably not the first time the question has been asked.

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa
Have you called the manufacturer support line?

Anything you do (save shoe wearing) will affect the paint finish.
  • A light sanding 220 grit might knock down the sharp edges.
  • Attempts to soften with mineral spirits will likely soften the paint finish.
  • Paint over with a same color paint might fill in some of the nonskid and still keep the paint finish.
There are some ideas. Check with the manufacturer. This is probably not the first time the question has been asked.
Your reply so far is the best, smart man.... Have a great weekend n a happy Father's day if you're one