No one Home?

Oct 30, 2019
I've been told there are 6 Vegas known to be in Australia:Masina, beautifully restored, used as live aboard and cruiser in QueenslandMine, Warskavi (Where are we?) near BrisbaneI guess Chris's Vega 339 in MelbourneIsis in N. Queensland, survived being beached high and dry in 2011 floodsAnother in N Qld, hull stripped bare apparently free to good home mid 2014Plus ? Perhaps the Lyric you heard of...Cheers, RodSent from my iDog

Oct 19, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Limerick
Or do as I did & splice thick line to thin...

(Thick for the pulling end... :) )John V1447 Breakaway

On 15/01/15 04:23, Douglas Pollard
dougpol2@... [AlbinVega] wrote:

Feb 12, 2008
I've got a core dependent line, Flightline, for spinnaker sheets that has been tapered (the cover stripped off). The plaited core is quite a bit thinner than the unstripped section that is gripped. Probably almost any of the core dependent high tech lines would work. I usually order lines from Milwaulkee Rigging, or look for deals on their spool ends on ebay. Alternatively, as mentioned, I have also heard of stripping out the core on a conventional double braid like New England Ropes Sta-set, to achieve the same effect. Tim

Dec 11, 2007
- - port st. lucie,fl.
I have a half hull model courtesy of Paul, mounted on the wall in my "man cave". I heartily recommend it.Richard

mphalv

Sep 29, 2001
Thank you, Dick, for the kind words. Don't even recall giving one of the half hulls to you! Paul has several in various stages of completion. Life just seems to get in the way of getting things done. With a little luck, we may be cruising Double Fantasy down your way next year, or perhaps sooner. Paul is intrigued about cruising to Cuba, now that it is possible to do so, and of course we would not mind returning to the Bahamas. Double Fantasy is showing her age (aren't we all?), but is basically sound--don't think we would have to do much to get her prepped for a cruise!

Melanie Halvachs

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks, Be kind of nice to be in touch. Walt To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comFrom: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comDate: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:02:46 +1100Subject: Re: [AlbinVega] No one Home?

I've been told there are 6 Vegas known to be in Australia:Masina, beautifully restored, used as live aboard and cruiser in QueenslandMine, Warskavi (Where are we?) near BrisbaneI guess Chris's Vega 339 in MelbourneIsis in N. Queensland, survived being beached high and dry in 2011 floodsAnother in N Qld, hull stripped bare apparently free to good home mid 2014Plus ? Perhaps the Lyric you heard of...Cheers, RodSent from my iDog

Jan 31, 2009
I also have a half hull model made by Paul which was presented to me at the IFR in Sweden in 2002. It is on display with all my nautical books etc. I keep meaning to make a backing board worthy of it but haven't got round to it yet.Mike

May 30, 2006
yes but all this line splicing and core playing....
All I need is like a half inch more on the drum and you don't have to do
anything.
I want to meet the engineer that designed this so I can choke him. lol.
groundhog

Nov 8, 2001
Hi Melanie

I always wanted one but Mike Freeman beat me to it!

Love

Steve B
mikeandv@... [AlbinVega]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:27 PM
To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [AlbinVega] VEGA half hull model by Paul
Halvachs
I
also have a half hull model made by Paul which was presented to me at the IFR in
Sweden in 2002. It is on display with all my nautical books etc. I keep
meaning to make a backing board worthy of it but haven't got round to it
yet.Mike

mphalv

Sep 29, 2001
Hi Steve. Do you still want one? Paul is semi-retired now--perhaps he'll finally get some of them done!

Melanie

Dec 11, 2007
- - port st. lucie,fl.
I would love going to Cuba if this had happened 10yrs earlier. I'm too old now. Pls stop in West palm if you get down this way. Would love to see you'all again.Richard

Nov 8, 2001
Yes please melanie

Love

Steve

Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 2:45 PM
To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [AlbinVega] VEGA half hull model by Paul
Halvachs
Hi Steve. Do you still want one?
Paul is semi-retired now--perhaps he'll finally get some of them
done!

Melanie

Oct 30, 2019
I put a new Harken MK IV Unit 0 furler on Sin Tacha. Worked like a charm as supplied. The only time I had a bit of trouble getting all the line on the drum was when I forgot to keep some tension on the sheet while furling. This keeps the line coiing up snuggly on the drum. I believe the instructions that come with the furler mention this. If you shorten the line so that there's only a turn or two left on the drum when your biggest jib is opened up, that may also fix the problem.Also,"Position 7401 Forward Stanchion Block so line entersdrum at right angles to headstay and centers verticallyin opening. Install so line is inside stanchion.Correct block position is critical to even line spooling and ease of furling."I liked this furler so much I bought another one for the Ballad!Hope this helps.Peter

Apr 2, 2013
Hi Peter.Might you send me a few pictures of your install? I am going to need to install a furler on my boat Lilly Too and not sure what to get. I like to buy a system that someone has installed and get their feed back . Please advise.LarrySV-Lilly TooSV-2761 Sent from Windows MailFrom: n4lbl alan.schulman@... [AlbinVega]Sent: ?Friday?, ?January? ?16?, ?2015 ?8?:?51? ?AMTo: n4lbl alan.schulman@... [AlbinVega]

I put a new Harken MK IV Unit 0 furler on Sin Tacha. Worked like a charm as supplied. The only time I had a bit of trouble getting all the line on the drum was when I forgot to keep some tension on the sheet while furling. This keeps the line coiing up snuggly on the drum. I believe the instructions that come with the furler mention this. If you shorten the line so that there's only a turn or two left on the drum when your biggest jib is opened up, that may also fix the problem.Also,"Position 7401 Forward Stanchion Block so line entersdrum at right angles to headstay and centers verticallyin opening. Install so line is inside stanchion.Correct block position is critical to even line spooling and ease of furling."I liked this furler so much I bought another one for the Ballad!Hope this helps.Peter

Oct 30, 2019
Larry,I posted some pictures of my Vega furler install. Go to Albin Vega 27 Yahoo Group, Photos, Albums, Vega 1331.My second choice would have been a Furlex 100S.Cheers,Peter.

Apr 2, 2013
Hi Peter,Looks good, the pulleys on the railing is a good idea. Peter do all the jib sails hit the railing? I have been looking at other boats under sail and they seem to ride against the safety railing. Does the sail need to be positioned that low or can one raise it up to clear everything? I am in the learning phase of all this sailing business so I don’t know many of the tricks per-say.LarrySent from Windows MailFrom: n4lbl alan.schulman@... [AlbinVega]Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎January‎ ‎17‎, ‎2015 ‎10‎:‎27‎ ‎AMTo: n4lbl alan.schulman@... [AlbinVega]

Larry,I posted some pictures of my Vega furler install. Go to Albin Vega 27 Yahoo Group, Photos, Albums, Vega 1331.My second choice would have been a Furlex 100S.Cheers,Peter.

May 30, 2006
that's interesting on the harken furler.
I had mine professionally installed.
What happens is the line doesn't go into the drum in a pretty fashion.
You get lumps and voids of the furling line. So what I end up doing is
crawling up front, pull out some line by hand and then feed it back in
so the line sits in the drum all nice and pretty. And then it can fit in
the drum without banging into the the outside support bars.

So If I play with the angle of entry of the furling line, it will all load in perfectly?

gh

Feb 28, 2006
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 .ygrps-yiv-989163484ygrp-photo-title {
TEXT-ALIGN:center;WIDTH:75px;HEIGHT:15px;CLEAR:both;FONT-SIZE:smaller;OVERFLOW:hidden;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484ygrp-photo {
BORDER-BOTTOM:black 1px solid;BORDER-LEFT:black 1px solid;BACKGROUND-COLOR:white;WIDTH:62px;BACKGROUND-REPEAT:no-repeat;BACKGROUND-POSITION:center 50%;HEIGHT:62px;BORDER-TOP:black 1px solid;BORDER-RIGHT:black 1px solid;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484photo-title A {
TEXT-DECORATION:none;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484photo-title A:active {
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484photo-title A:hover {
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484photo-title A:visited {
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-table DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-row {
CLEAR:both;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-table DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-row DIV {
FLOAT:left;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 P {
PADDING-BOTTOM:3px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px;CLEAR:both;OVERFLOW:hidden;PADDING-TOP:15px;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484ygrp-file {
WIDTH:30px;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-table DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-row DIV DIV A {
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-table DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484attach-row DIV DIV SPAN {
FONT-WEIGHT:normal;}
#ygrps-yiv-989163484 DIV.ygrps-yiv-989163484ygrp-file-title {
FONT-WEIGHT:bold;}

Hi All,

Just want to put a word in for Furlex. First off it's a Swedish
company so I figured there must be some sympatico there but best of all for a do
it your selfer, the kit you receive is custom fitted for your kind and
model of boat and includes absolutely everything to do the installation. I
had to purchase nothing extra. I've had it for about two years now and it
has worked flawlessly.

Garry
V. 2427

Oct 30, 2019
Nothing is perfect on a boat :) Yes, if you get the angle of the furling line at right angles to the drum, and keep a slight bit of tension on the line when you unfurl the sail, it usually coils up neatly enough not to be a problem. The install manual, which you should have got from the installer, explains it well. It's also at Harken Harken View on www.harken.com Preview by Yahoo Scroll down to your model and click on the disired language to the left (in red)