No one Home?

Apr 2, 2013
Ok, either this sucker is broke, or everyone ditched me? Larry
Sent from Windows Mail[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Oct 19, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Limerick
Here too.

Not sailing due to bad weather in E Atlantic....

John V1447 BreakawayOn 13/01/15 03:19,
lewills30@... [AlbinVega] wrote:

mphalv

Sep 29, 2001
I'm here, but it is the middle of winter in Maine and major decisions regarding Social Security, Medicare loom, as well as confusing tax matters relative to the Affordable Care Act. Hopefully things will get sorted out over the next couple of months, then will be able to think about more pleasant matters, like sailing!

Melanie Halvachs

V1826 Double Fantasy

May 31, 2006
- - Vancouver
Best load up the Vega and head to Canada as we have that stuff sorted.Sent from Simply

Oct 30, 2019
Here in Australia Warskavi has new furler, new dodger, and in between the bush fires, floods and politics, it's great sailing!Rod Menere'Warskavi'Sent from my iDog

Oct 30, 2019
I got an Alado size A1. It's different from most, as it works by compressing drum and upper pulley through the foils rather than having a fixed upper mount and bearing. Only limited use since fitting but it's been fine so far. It's in the budget price bracket and has had good reviews. Cheers, RodSent from my iDog

Sep 15, 2003
Hi Rod, where are you in Australia? I live in MelbourneCheers Chris, V339 From: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com [mailto:AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com] Sent: 14 January 2015 18:50To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [AlbinVega] No one Home? I got an Alado size A1. It's different from most, as it works by compressing drum and upper pulley through the foils rather than having a fixed upper mount and bearing. Only limited use since fitting but it's been fine so far. It's in the budget price bracket and has had good reviews. Cheers, RodSent from my iDogOn 14 Jan 2015, at 2:54 pm, "Scott McMahon scott.mcmahon17@... [AlbinVega]" AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Oct 30, 2019
So it's Aussie Vega's hogging the site for a while! I live a bit out if Canberra but Warskavi is currently in Brisbane/Morton Bay Area. I plan to sail her south late 2015 or early 2016. I bought her from some Swedish blokes who sailed her out to Australia over a couple of years. The motor died in S Qld and they decided to part ways. I had a motor in the garage... Seemed logical at the time:)Apparently there are about six Vega's in Australia. We should keep in contact... I get down to Melbourne occasionally. Cheers, RodSent from my iDog

Jan 28, 2001
It was my understanding that there was another Vega named Lyric in Australia years ago, any information on her? Walt, S/V Lyric #12 (California)To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comFrom: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comDate: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 00:06:54 +1100Subject: Re: [AlbinVega] No one Home?

So it's Aussie Vega's hogging the site for a while! I live a bit out if Canberra but Warskavi is currently in Brisbane/Morton Bay Area. I plan to sail her south late 2015 or early 2016. I bought her from some Swedish blokes who sailed her out to Australia over a couple of years. The motor died in S Qld and they decided to part ways. I had a motor in the garage... Seemed logical at the time:)Apparently there are about six Vega's in Australia. We should keep in contact... I get down to Melbourne occasionally. Cheers, RodSent from my iDog

Oct 30, 2019
I'm here in the cold north too. Bella needs a few projects completed in Spring and we are heading from the Great Lakes to the Bahamas or close via the Erie Canal, Hudson River and the ICW.
If the cruising kitty runs out & I need to stop and work before I make it all the way to Bimini then I'll be I the Bahamas the next Winter.
TrT
~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~
from my Droid
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mphalv

Sep 29, 2001
Cabin Fever!

Will try to complete 3 half-hulls of the Vega for selling that have been sitting around Half-Done

Paul

Dbl Fantasy

May 30, 2006
I got the Harken furler, but wish the drum was designed a little bigger. Put a big 150 up and
the drum fills with line and bangs against the outside bars around the drum. Drum fills up with line
then stops rotating.

Also the end of the furling line has a stopper knot and ends through a hole in the bottom of the rotating
drum. Also, not enough room between the bottom floor of the rotating drum where the knot lives and the
structure just below. Knot can bang into this and jamb.

.... so.

groundhog

Feb 13, 2010
I had a similar problem with a furler. It had a round line somebody
told me it was supposed to have a flat line in it. I think he called
it a ribbon or maybe a tape. I bought one at a used marine store
and worked like a charm from then on.
Doug

On 01/14/2015 07:48 PM, groundhog
groundhogyh@... [AlbinVega] wrote:

May 30, 2006
Hi Doug,
never heard of flat line.
I can get thinner high tech line, but it has to be a ceratain thickness
or it will cut the hands when you pull.

The line they supplied is already upper grade thin.... don't want to go
thinner.

Will look into it. thx.
groundhog

Feb 13, 2010
I am not sure but it may have been Braded line with no core in
it??? Doug

On 01/14/2015 08:42 PM, groundhog

May 30, 2006
Oh, yes. I have heard of that.
I read something on the internet about that.
They can take thin line and make it thicker at the end where your hands have to
pull on it. or they can take thick line and make it thinner to do the same.

Seems like extreme measures to me.

Why don't they just make the furler drum correctly...
groundhog

Feb 13, 2010
When using a round line the line can roll over itself and bind a
flat line cannot do that. Most of the time when someone says my
roller furler jamed it is because the line was round. Doug
On 01/14/2015 10:12 PM, groundhog