No good deed goes unpunished

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Went sailing today. That cursed bird had been back but he didn't totally trash out the boat. It appears he was on the port spreader. I pulled the spinnaker halyard closer and tighter to the spreader and will see if that helps.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Just in case you're curious, I really did rehabilitate hawks and owls. Here I am (I'm the one on the left) with a red-tailed hawk. For all you hotchicks who think I look really great here, this was back in the early 90s. I look more like a "bald eagle" now. And older than dirt.
JimmyandEd-image.jpg

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
While at our monthly Board of Stewards meeting late yesterday, I saw the dadblasted osprey. He was on top of another boat and not mine. However, I don't trust him not to come back to my boat. I think I have the halyards set pretty well on the spreaders to keep him off but I really don't think the top of the mast is protected. Jackdaw recommended a pigstick (great idea) and a board member suggested a snake. So I've decided I want a 18x24 Gadsden flag on a flagpole that I can hoist as a pigstick. I can find plenty of them for sale but I really don't think a 3x5 flag would survive the winds on Lake Murray. Does anyone have a source for an 18x24 (or close to that size) Gadsden flag? The Naval Jack would be appropriate too since it is of historical significance in South Carolina. I just am tired of that dang osprey treading on my boat!
220px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

250px-Naval_Jack_of_the_United_States.svg.png

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
I have a Red Belly parrot that I am thinking about using his poo to bed my thru hulls. I never seen such hard to clean crap.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Chinese is ok. As long as it comes with Chinese grommets. I want to put it on a house-type flagpole. I can get the pole from Simpson's Hardware.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Kermit, how about a Rebel Battle Flag? That seems to scare alot of people, so maybe will work on birds?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Kermit, how about a Rebel Battle Flag? That seems to scare alot of people, so maybe will work on birds?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I actually own one that flew on the South Carolina Capitol dome back in the 80s. The 1980s. Not the 1880s.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I haven't seen his "calling card" on your or anyone else's boat. But I saw him on a mast between yours and mine the last time I was at the club. I'm gonna experiment with a 2x3 Gadsden flag on a pig stick this afternoon. I think the flag will be way too big, though.
image.png

It expresses my sentiment towards him nicely.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
The flag went up and then came down. First of all it's too big for the masthead and light. I'm afraid everything would be destroyed pretty quickly.

A dock neighbor immediately referred to it as the TEA Party flag. The last durn thing I want to do is lead people to believe I'm trying to make a political statement.
So now I'm trying to decide what flag to use. It'll probably end up being a 12x18 plain sunbrella flag. Nothing political about that.

And the osprey crapped on my boat again. And left @RobertLangdirect 's boat alone. I used to love ospreys.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Naaaaaa... I spent way too much time rehabilitating the injured ones to shoot one. Plus it's more than a little bit illegal. Plus I've never seen him on my boat. Just his crap. But I've seen him from a distance on Robert's boat. It'd be nice if I could convince him to use Robert's instead of mine.