No Bow Pulpit on '84 Catalina 25

Nov 5, 2014
Catalina 25 St Petersburg
G'Day!

Long-time sailor, now down-sized to a C25. Need a bow pulpit. Cannot find one in marine salvage places here in FL. Folks at C-Direct want a pretty hefty price and shipping from CA sounds expensive.

Asking for any help locating a non-preaching pulpit. Also any thoughts on installing it; do not see that the factory put backing plates where the flanges/stanchions mount on the foredeck.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello John

I didn't have any railing on my Kittiwake sailboat.... I got both the bow and stern pulpits and the side posts from an old Mac25 that was decommissioned.... with very little altering, I added them to my boat, ran new cables for side railing, and it works great...

check craigslist, ebay, or the local boat yard about decommissioned boats

sincerely
Jess

Nov 5, 2014
hello John

I didn't have any railing on my Kittiwake sailboat.... I got both the bow and stern pulpits and the side posts from an old Mac25 that was decommissioned.... with very little altering, I added them to my boat, ran new cables for side railing, and it works great...

check craigslist, ebay, or the local boat yard about decommissioned boats

sincerely
Jess

Thanx to both repliers (?). I did join the -- ahem -- other forum and asked the same there. And I have been considering that the lack of pre-set backing plate (I'm told that large 'fender' washers suffice) gives me liberty to be adaptive, creative, informal, whatever in the choice of hardware.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello

here are pictures of my set up on my 1967 Kittiwake 23ft sailboat.... the pulpits and side poles are off the old Mac25 I decommissioned last year.... with very little altering, they fit great....

the bow pulpit I fit to a bow sprit.... gave me 19 more inches of foot length for the jib and genoa....

the stern pulpit I cut into 2 parts, then bought bimini fittings (end caps, hinge pieces, and quick release pins) and used the center I cut out to make a gate for the transom swim ladder... when we are swimming the gate is removed and we can just climb on board, and not have to duck under a railing...

sincerely
Jess

Attachments

Nov 5, 2014
hello

here are pictures of my set up on my 1967 Kittiwake 23ft sailboat.... the pulpits and side poles are off the old Mac25 I decommissioned last year.... with very little altering, they fit great....

the bow pulpit I fit to a bow sprit.... gave me 19 more inches of foot length for the jib and genoa....

the stern pulpit I cut into 2 parts, then bought bimini fittings (end caps, hinge pieces, and quick release pins) and used the center I cut out to make a gate for the transom swim ladder... when we are swimming the gate is removed and we can just climb on board, and not have to duck under a railing...

sincerely
Jess
Very impressive and thank you, my friend Jess!