Nifty tool

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes that tool is nifty. Now do you remember what chore it is used for and how to use it.

Finding a lost tool is always fun. Remembering how to use it can be a exciting revelation.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
A home built version can be made for pennies. Some scrap wood, threaded rod, and a couple nuts and washers. To get fancy pick up a cheap turnbuckle at the HW store and use it instead of the threaded rod.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
It’s a belt tensioner. Indeed a nifty tool.
BINGO, this was in the free or it goes into the dumpster pile along with assorted deep sockets, nut drivers, and breaker bars. With two alternators jammed against the bulkhead wall, I can’t tighten the lower one without loosening the one above. It frees up one hand and makes the adjustment right the first time.

A home built version can be made for pennies. Some scrap wood, threaded rod, and a couple nuts and washers. To get fancy pick up a cheap turnbuckle at the HW store and use it instead of the threaded rod.

I've been using my wooden hammer handle for about 60 years. Hasn't failed me yet.
It was easier to tighten the belts than remember how to combine these posts.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
BINGO, this was in the free or it goes into the dumpster pile along with assorted deep sockets, nut drivers, and breaker bars. With two alternators jammed against the bulkhead wall, I can’t tighten the lower one without loosening the one above. It frees up one hand and makes the adjustment right the first time.

It was easier to tighten the belts than remember how to combine these posts.
What's life without a few challenges? ;):beer:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I would find that invaluable after a heavy Christmas dinner and trying to hold my pants up on the way out to the car :sick:.
If you don't undo the top button, the food should do that for you. lol