Nice run up the Jersey coast for Roger & Four Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Just checked the spot beacon on Roger's website. They seemingly had a good run up in the Atlantic to nearly Gravesend Bay in Brooklyn. I suspect they may be headed for Raritan Bay to wait for the mornings favorable tides for going up the East River.
Mostly westerly winds to help push them up the coast. We'll see what they next report.

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Hells Gate

Just checked the spot beacon on Roger's website. They seemingly had a good run up in the Atlantic to nearly Gravesend Bay in Brooklyn. I suspect they may be headed for Raritan Bay to wait for the mornings favorable tides for going up the East River.
Mostly westerly winds to help push them up the coast. We'll see what they next report.
Caleb D:

Tides for Hell Gate, Wards Island starting with May 11, 2012.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon /Low Time Feet Sunset Visible
F 11 High 4:04 AM 7.0 5:42 AM Rise 12:40 AM 71 11 Low 11:18 AM 0.0 8:03 PM Set 11:12 AM 11 High 4:47 PM 6.3 11 Low 11:39 PM 1.0

Your chart may vary,

Ed K

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Looks like they are heading into the East River at 10:17 their local time.. "Proudly making way" as the song goes.. I'll bet seeing the Statue of Liberty early in the morning was a real treat !

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Clearing Hells Gate

Clearing Hells Gate just after 11:00; listening to jets from LaGuardia at 11:20, trying to clear Trogs Neck during eb tide.

Roger's helper is the Boogeyman
... Must be a NASCar driver...

Ed K

Looks like they are heading into the East River at 10:17 their local time.. "Proudly making way" as the song goes.. I'll bet seeing the Statue of Liberty early in the morning was a real treat !

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
No NASCAR driver Ed. Just lucky with winds and sailing overnight.
They had westerly winds coming up the Jersey coast. Today they have NW winds for heading NE to Stamford where they should be by 2 pm today in time for a little rest.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I'm sure glad Roger has this forum so he tell us about his trip.

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
No NASCAR driver Ed. Just lucky with winds and sailing overnight.
Maybe a little NASCAR :), BTW, there was no luck involved, the timing and speed through the east river was planned for before we ever left the dock.:snooty: I always transit the East River like that...

Hell Gate isn't that difficult once you really understand how to time it (and for the record, I don't look at a single tide table when going through the East River)

Status
Not open for further replies.