Newbie questions

Jun 4, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 281 Cheney Reservoir
Been awhile since I've posted on this forum, but to update my progress: I am using a 13.5 gallon flexible fresh water tank instead of using the 50 gallon original. I have replumbed the hot and cold water lines with Whale tubing and quick connect fittings. I have tossed the hot water heater and am re-circulating the water lines to and from it from the heat exchanger and fresh water system. New toilet, new sewer hoses, removed and cleaned the holding tank (am going to try to plumb the toilet with fresh water), removed and cleaned out the diesel tank and replaced the water filter, new hoses to and from the fuel tank (one was dated 1985), removed the Y valve, plugged up the overboard discharge thru hull, added a bus bar in the electric control panel to bring some order to the mess, replaced the cabin lights with led's, bought new steaming light and anchor light, bought new cutless bearing, am replacing all the lifelines. Still have lots to do. Discovering myriad gelcoat crazing "cracks" in hull mostly below the water line. No barrier paint, V17 to be removed so I can add some barrier-probably Interlux 2000e.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Do you have a Hunter (noted in your avatar) or a Beneteau (you posted this in the Beneteau forum)?

Sounds like you have been busy, I hope you find some time to sail!

Greg

Jun 4, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 281 Cheney Reservoir
Restored the Hunter 26.5 and sold it. Next boat over in the storage yard was a Beneteau Oceanis 281 that had been sitting on its trailer, on the hard for several years. It is a little longer and wider and a tad more civilized than the Hunter: a marine head with a door and an inboard diesel!

Attachments

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think you'll like your new Bene Bruce! I'm waiting for the lake level to come up before we put in. Would hate to have to haul her back out again :(