New upholstery and cushions

FBD

Jan 22, 2021
Hunter 456 Ponte Vedra
My 2005 Hunter 456 has good bones but is long in the tooth. It was cruised extensively for many years. It needs work.

I am having all the sitting areas redone. The cushions she uses are very firm. She suggested a four inch seat and a three inch back. But she could get five inches cushions if I wanted them, it would just cost a little more. If you have put new cushions on your boat, what were the thicknesses for the seat and back?

Thank you

Franklin

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Sure would and get the firmest foam you can purchase. That is what I did on my Hunter 46.

FBD

Jan 22, 2021
Hunter 456 Ponte Vedra
Thank you sail sfbay
What thickness are your sit amd back cushions?

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I bought 4"/firm. One reason is I added 1" of 'Hydro Vent' (?) to eliminate condensation.
That brought the height up to the max allowable for the cushions to fit within the confines of the teak trim.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
............What thickness are your sit and back cushions?
4.5 inches XL-48 (extra firm) from Buyfoam (refer to foam options). Any thicker and it would have interfered with the settee table. Measure the exact size you need and add 1/2 inch extra on each dimension to account for compressing the foam into the cushion cover per Buyfoam measurement guide.

Last edited: