New to the forum! Hello!

Aug 3, 2021
Catalina 27 Kelowna
Good day to everyone,

I am a new Catalina 27 (maybe a 77’) owner here in the great white north, BC Canada. I look forward to sharing my findings along the way and learning from all of you seasoned veterans! If there was one bit of advice for a 35ish male just getting back into sailing and a new boat owner, what would it be?

All the very best and tight lines-

Eric
Ship of Fools
20C03F70-839C-4281-B446-2DFBFBBE94B1.jpeg

Aug 3, 2021
Catalina 27 Kelowna
Optimize the set up of the boat so that you use it often. You don't need to buy a lot of expensive gear. Just sail it and get to know it.
Thanks very much for these words. Lucky for me, the previous owner gutted and replaced all rigging. Only the rope needs to be replaced!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Only the rope needs to be replaced!
The rope? You know that old joke about ropes on a boat.
Welcome to the forums. It's good to have you and thanks for posting a picture of your new mistress, we love pictures.

These guys are the best and it sounds like you'll fit right in.

Just sail it and get to know it.
Best advice you'll get.

By the way, you used 'rope' correctly, not a lot of people understand how to use the term.

-Will

Aug 3, 2021
Catalina 27 Kelowna
The rope? You know that old joke about ropes on a boat.
Welcome to the forums. It's good to have you and thanks for posting a picture of your new mistress, we love pictures.

These guys are the best and it sounds like you'll fit right in.

Best advice you'll get.

By the way, you used 'rope' correctly, not a lot of people understand how to use the term.

-Will
Thanks for the welcome, Will. I was rolling the dice either using lines or rope- but all raw material rope needs to be replaced on this boat, so I went with rope! Not sure if that is the correct reasoning… Cheers- Eric

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the SBO Forum and congrats on your new to you boat.

The 27 is a great boat and ideal for your return to sailing in BC waters. You speak of snow.. Are you on a lake?

Tip... Have some good rum aboard. Should you sail in the Salish Sea along the coastal waters of BC, just about all the owners I know who cruise the waters appreciate a new sailor with a bottle of good rum to share.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Welcome.

Buy Don Guilette's Sail Trim book, right here on this website.

Get to know both this forum and the Catalina 27 owners association website: www.catalina27.org most likely, or .com. Save reinventing the wheel. If the link doesn't work, Google it.