New to sailing

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Welcome to the forums. It's a great group here.

Just in case you didn't realize, we have a Catalina 22 specific sub forum.

Post any C22 specific questions there and someone will likely have an answer.
General ones elsewhere.

Example: "why oh why did i get into this ?"

Great choice of boat.
Post photos of her.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I am a new owner of a 1974 Catalina 22 sailboat I have been restoring her. Any thoughts??
Sabrina, could you be more specific.... I have many thoughts.... but you may not want to hear them... heh, heh... but... I do think a Catalina 22 is a pretty cool boat. What kind of projects have you taken on so far and what else is on your list that we can help you with.

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
Any thoughts??

Yeah, Check Stingy Sailor's site

Gary

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Welcome to the forum and congrats for your acquiring the boat. Take lots of pics before you do very much. You won't be sorry. Send some here. Keep taking them as you go. And share them.
Chief among my thoughts is how you intend to use the boat. Daysailor? Overnight camper? Racing? Destination sailing? or as a platform to hang out on? Keep at home or marina or somewhere else?
Each of these choices will affect what optimizations you will want on the boat. For instance if it's a platform to hang out on (There's nothing wrong with that) you'll want sun protection in the form of a Bimini. Daysailor? Make it fun to sail with good sails and easy to set up and break down.
The trick to restoration is getting the boat to a point at which it works for the way you want to use it and then use it!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome aboard ! Lots of great info and contacts on this forum site! The Cat 22 is a fine boat for learning the ropes, lines, sheets, and halyards !!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome Sabrina to the SBO Forum. Congrats on your new boat.

You say you have been restoring her. What have you done? Restoring her to 1974 standards? Or refitting her to be safe to use?

Thoughts I have for you... Sail the boat often. Learn to manage the wind and get the most out of the boat. She can take you as far and give you as much fun as you can ask of her.

Go sailing as soon as you can.:biggrin:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Thoughts: Dexter lake? NY? OR? Somewhere else? I'm guessing Oregon but might help to know. Both Dexter Lake in New York and Oregon are small interior fresh water lakes.

What, if anything, do you have for a motor?

In summary: I have lots of questions before I'd feel giving input would be useful.

dj

Do you have a trailer and will you store the boat on the trailer? Putting boat into and out of the water each time you go sailing?