New to me P-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2013
looking looking Corpus Christi
Well after several weeks of trying to figure out if I even wanted to buy a boat... as the saying goes, the 2 best days are the day you buy it and the the day you sell it... I decided what it was that I really wanted.

1) It had to be trailerable.
2) I had to be able to set it up by myself.
3) maintenance had to be fairly easy and uncomplicated.

I went and looked at a a Precision 18' that I found kinda local to me... It is in such good shape that I doubt it has even been in the water a dozen times. The rub strip looks brand new... as does the deck, windows and the boat as a whole... even the Precision decals and stripe look new. The tiller isn't even dirty...

Couple things are odd... no cushions at all, I suspect critters are to thank for that as 1 of the sail bags has been gnawed on, and the companion way boards is a piece of plexiglass... oh well, cushions I can make and the hatch is available from Precision for less than what I can make it for.

Sails are in pretty good shape, mostly need a cleaning and to have some wind on them.

The only issues I found on the deck were a couple of places worn from a stay rubbing during transit at some point in it's life, but not even so bad that it needs attention.

Trailer looks in pretty good shape, couple things need attention, but road worthy as is.

Sad part is, I have to wait to get it home... previous owner wants to do the dealings at the parks and wildlife office to transfer title, so we have to coordinate date and time around the office being open... Oh well, it will get here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.