New to me Cal 2-25

Sep 15, 2013
Lippincott 30 Oriental, NC
I just thought I should introduce myself. I have recently taken in this Cal 2-25 and will be inundating you all with questions shortly. My previous boat was a Southcoast 22 so this boat has a much larger feel to it and I won't be trailoring it. Anyways, hello everyone!

Upcoming work includes

- making a wiring diagram so I can figure all of this out...
- PO hit the dock- need to repair deck at bow and bow railing and replace rub rail.
- needs some serious cleaning and polishing interior and exterior.
- hasn't had below water work in at least three years - need to scrub, zinc, and paint (in the spring)

Attachments

Oct 16, 2013
Cal 2-25 Annapolis
Hi-
I too just recently acquired a Cal 2-25. I am in the process of rebedding all deck fittings and like you want to replace the rubrail insert. The grab rails are also in bad shape, but I'm very happy with the boat. As for the rub rails, I've seen other blogs say that a Seals & Spars rub rail for a Cal 20 works as an insert, but honestly it doesn't look right to me. Did you try something for the rub rails yet?

Best,

Mike

Sep 15, 2013
Lippincott 30 Oriental, NC
No everyone wants big money for something that is close. Doesn't seem to be anyone with a direct replacement. I will mess with it spring but it looks like you are best off finding something that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Nov 11, 2013
Cal Cal 2-25 Sausalito
New Cal 2-25 Owner (too)

Can't help you directly on finding the replacement rub rails; I just wanted to weigh in and say hello. I just bought my 2-25 about a year ago and have been going through my to-do list. Congrats on the new boat!

Oct 9, 2010
Cal 2-25 Santa Monica
Ahoy there Cal 2-25 owner(s)...

Nice to hear someone else is having fun with their 2-25. I'm also new to my boat having bought it 9 months ago & it's my first. I also have quite a to-do list which I'm chipping away at. I know the last two owners & they cared for the boat pretty well so all-in-all it's in good shape.

I'm in the process of compounding, polishing & waxing the deck & cabin trunk gelcoat...the job is not for the faint of heart but a shine is coming up.

About your search for a rub rail insert, check out Taco Marine http://tacomarine.com/cat--Vinyl-Inserts--cat_rr_vinyl_inserts.html
One of these inserts was installed on my boat by the PO & is a perfect fit but not sure which profile it is...only comes in black though.
The (U-Channel) rub rail is quite another matter though. Taco has something that might work.

Good Sailing......