New to forum Yamaha owner since 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2005
- - ballard
I am on my 3rd yamaha sailboat since 1977. The first one was a y-29 which I bought at the Seattle boat show sight unseen and ordered it . It arrived in June and I had the chance to bord the ship and see it for the first time. I never stoped being amazed by the tooling and quality of this fine boat. It was designed by "Groupe Finot". These guys have built lots of very sucessful BOC race boats .I owned it for twenty years including a third place in class in the 199o West Marine Pacific Cup. I bought a piece of property and sold it taking in trade a y-25. That was a cool boat ,but I ended up trading that on my present boat ,the Y-30. It has been a great boat but I am thinking of selling and moving off after almost 30years of living on a Yamaha sailboat

T

tattoobob1@earthlink.net

Y-29

Nodrama, I have a Y-29 and have been able to find nothing on this boat. I'd been under the impression they had never imported any of them to North America. Any information you could send me would be greatly appriciated. Specs, anything at all......I picked her up at a lein sale a couple of years ago and have slowly been getting her back in shape. Right now the yanmar 2gm20 is apart and awaiting new pistons and rings sometime next month. Once those go in its going to be a brand new engine with new head, pistons, rings, bearings, fuel pump, alternator and a bunch of other things. Mine is a 1976. #26 of 55 built. Again, anything at all that you could tell me about this boat would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Tattoobob1@earthlink.net Y-29 InkMaster II Wilmington, Ca

Dec 30, 2005
- - Hong Kong
Yamaha 29

I have an original sales brochure for the Yamaha 29 & a parts brochure in Japanese I could scan & ee to you if you like we have a couple of these Yamaha 29s in Hong Kong despite the looks they sail excellently The ones her still have the Yanmar YSm 8 single cylinder diesel I have a Yamaha 33

J

Jeremy Anderson

1978 Yamaha 25

I have a Yamaha 25 for sale. Not familiar with the boat. $6000 714-943-1600

T

Tattoobob1@earthlink.net

Yes Please......

Yes, Please send me anything you can about the 29. I don't care if it's written in martian.....I'll get it translated somehow. Anything is very much appriciated. Thank you Tattoobob1@earthlink.net Y-29 InkMaster II Wilmington, Calif.

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Y-29 info

When you scan your inforamtion on the Y-29, would you send a copy to info@yamahasailboats.org? I'll get it on the website. Thanks. Bob

S

Scotty

Looking for a 30

I just found this forum after a long search for any info on Yamahas. I used to own a 25 and am currently looking for a 30. I was drawn to your posting when you mentioned the possibility of selling! I hope I am not breaking any posting rules, if so please feel free to correct mer but if you wish to contact me you may do so at 250 472 1149. Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.