New to c& c questions

Jun 17, 2012
C&C 35 MKIII Manitowoc, WI
So probably a dumb question; Nearly everything on this boat is new to me. The sellers didn’t provide any worthy technical information. So it has a water manifold and two tanks. My question is, how do I know what position the Orange knobs have to be in to use a certain tank? There is a small point on the top side of one of the knobs but it doesn’t make sense as to whether it goes straight up or straight down. I’m just having trouble trying to winterize it making sure that I’m getting coolant through my lines from each tank. Any help is a big thank you

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Photos will give us a possibility to understand the confusion.

Or you can first put water in both tanks. Then turn on the pump on the DC panel. This pressurize the tanks. Then turn one of the knob all the way to the right the other all the way to the left. Open a faucit and see if you get water. If water is flowing let it go for a while. Then try to look at the tanks to see if one (ideally the one you turned to the right is lower in volume) is providing the water. If not is has to be the one you turned to the left. You can change the valves then try again with the water faucet open. It is fairly easy from there.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
... it has a water manifold and two tanks. ...
I had a H356 and there was only one water tank. Unless I missed something. It was way enough water which I would use aggressively to keep from the aquarium effect. That was in the NE where water was readily available at no cost. We didn't drink the water using bottled water instead.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
This is taken from your previous post re the install of a demand pump :

1693977320697.png

I would call it a suction manifold for the starboard and port water tanks. The other two RH ports are not used. The top yellow arrows show only one discharge from the suction manifold. That's the obvious parts. As you say, where do the knobs sit to indicate open or shut ?

I'll take a wild guess and say they're like a one quarter turn ball valve. MAYBE if the handle is in line with the incoming line, it's open. In their present position, both may be closed. If you've definitely got water in both tanks, undo one of the Qest fittings downstream of the water filter and see what comes out. Play with the valves and this will tell you what is open and what is shut.

I suggest this rather that running the pump to see what happens as I don't know what happens to the pump if it tries to pull a vacuum against closed inlet valves. Maybe nothing but I've never touched one of these beasts.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

A valve with a label identifying it as a valve. Not the strangest thing I've ever seen on a boat.